This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Thought I'd share a couple pictures

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Chris D
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23027
Circle of Safety: Y

Thought I'd share a couple pictures

Postby Chris D » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:28 pm

Here is my 62 cadet I have been slowly doing. A few years have passed but I will get around to finishing it completely soon.

In this last picture, this chain holder has been on here since I got it and I don't know if it is original or not or what it would be used for. Also does anyone know what length mower deck belt it takes? The one that drives the deck from the engine. Thanks.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

voltage regulator
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44062
Tractors Owned: IH Cub Cadet 1450
IH Cub Cadet 1450 parts
IH Cub Cadet 1250 parts
IH Cub Cadet Original
IH Cub Cadet 100
IH Cub Cadet 71
IH Cub Cadet 123
IH Cub Cadet 102
IH Cub Cadet 72
IH Cub Cadet 86
CCC 1211

Re: Thought I'd share a couple pictures

Postby voltage regulator » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:30 pm

Nice Original! Thanks for the pictures! Your deck drive belt is a 1/2" x 82" belt. The deck pulley belt is 1/2 x 30". I have never seen any type of bracket on any Original before. I had a O before and that was not on it.

OliverFarmall
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18822
eBay ID: ranger_jer

Postby OliverFarmall » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:08 pm

Not positive as I'd have to go look at my Grandfathers old original at my cousins, but I want to remember it held a spring that went to the clutch pedal to help put back pressure on it. Not sure if it was original, but that's what I think I remember.
22 sickle bar mower x2
23A tandem disc harrow
144 cultivator (#53 & #97 spring tooth)
154 leveling and grader blade
189 moldboard plow 2-way
193 moldboard plow x2

spring tooth harrows
David Bradley planter (modded for Cub)

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:27 pm

The bracket is not a "chain holder", but is the rear support bracket for the idler control rod for a BB-36 snow thrower. The Original did not have a front PTO clutch, so there was an idler or belt tightening clutch for the belt from the crankshaft that drove the snow thrower gear box. The rod that operated that idler locked in place on that bracket to engage or disengage the snow thrower.

Return to “Cub Cadet”