This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

considering purchase of 104, w/pic

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: considering purchase of 104, w/pic

Postby BigBill » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:25 am

Nice find i like my cc104.

I found a 104 that was stored after a few years from bad gas. After removing the head to fix a stuck valve the engine inside appeared to be brand new or very little use. After a quick replacement of the gummed up carb and gas tank i found out i have a cloe to brand new running 104. The 38" deack mows the lawn excellent too. Orginally i went looking for a snowplow but i ended up with this non running 104 with a odd ball 54" snowplow and the 38" mower deck from the orginal owners family for $150.

I have noticed a Cub Cadet running with one or two attachments will go between $750 to $1,000 for a gas up, check the oil, turn key running tractor. After all there better than the new stuff there selling today.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Smokeycub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44266
Tractors Owned: 48 F Cub #11678
65 Cub Cadet 104
70 450C JD loader
67 Cub Cadet 107
90 B7100HST-D Kubota
72 Cub Cadet 149
54 Super C
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: considering purchase of 104, w/pic

Postby Smokeycub » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:04 am

Hello Berlin,

That's a great looking 104. I've had one for 20 years and I still use it to cut the lawn. When I got the tractor it had a bit of piston slap and it's still going strong. I probably paid too much for it but considering the new junk that was available even then I'm way further ahead. I've had to fix up the mower deck a couple times through the years and considering the service it's given me that's not a big deal. It's been a great tractor! Enjoy yours, it looks virtually new.
Ray
Smokeycub
Attachments - 193 plow - 144 cultivator - 22 mower - 28A disc harrow - 54 leveling blade - Woods 59C2 - drag harrows - Mott D9 flail - flat belt pulley
The squeaky wheel may get the grease but it's usually the first to be replaced!

Return to “Cub Cadet”