This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

vibration

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dave (69 lo-boy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23047

vibration

Postby Dave (69 lo-boy) » Sat May 07, 2005 7:43 pm

I bought a 108 a week ago and had to replace the throwout bearing, clutch disk and pilot bushing that the driveshaft goes into at the engine.
The motor runs good but I noticed a lot of vibration when the driveshaft was installed.
Upon further inspection I can see that the driveshaft is running off center, the bushing and drive hub, as well as the flywheel? screen assembly are not running true, about 1/8" runout.
I have not taken the engine out to look at it, before I do I was hoping for some pointers.
Is it likely that the crankshaft is bent or could the flywheel be installed improperly?
The engine block appears to be rather new as it is not yellow like the tin and other bolt on parts.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Sat May 07, 2005 8:12 pm

Is the flywheel held on by a nut or a bolt into the end of the crank? I believe some of the replacement engines used the bolt, and if so the washer has some close tollerances to center the cup. Either way, I would look closely at that area for something bent/broken and ensure the cup is centered.

Dave (69 lo-boy)
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dave (69 lo-boy) » Sat May 07, 2005 8:19 pm

I don't know anything about the internals yet, I guess I will pull the engine out tomorrow and take a look, I'm hoping I can center the flywheel and the crank isn't bent, I dont know what would bend the crank though...

Dave (69 lo-boy)
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dave (69 lo-boy) » Sun May 08, 2005 2:31 pm

I pulled the engine today, the hub bolted onto the flywheel was tightened off center, it's running true and vibration free now....HOORAY!!!

Return to “Cub Cadet”