This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub pulling tractors?

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Oldnfuelish
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 60002
Tractors Owned: Cub 154 Lo Boy

Cub pulling tractors?

Postby Oldnfuelish » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:38 pm

A good friend passed away two years ago,and his wife has now decided its time to let go of some of his things.she has these two cubs,and we are trying to find out some information about them.this is the same friend who ad the 154 that I have bought. Dave was into pulling tractors and both of these ran just before he died,but haven't been run since.
They have been inside,and out of the weather.just wondering if you might be able help with some kind of values,or what we need to look for to help determine some kind of values.thank you,mick. I hope I put this in the correct place

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cub pulling tractors?

Postby Eugene » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:32 pm

Can't really help. There are sites on the internet that specialize in Cub pullers.

Now for the problem. With out knowing what was done to each Cub, engine, other modifications, no way of putting a price on them.

Thinking the best method of pricing each machine would be contact members of his pulling club. Finding folks familiar with each machine.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:09 pm

Yup, pretty hard to put a value on something that many of us know little or nothing about. Pulling tractors are a real niche themselves and there are so many things that pullers do to soup up their tractors that anything we might be able to value would probably be way below actual value. For example, I haven't got a clue what those shiny chrome rims are worth and that is the easiest part, never mind what is in those mills.

So, I googled Cub Cadet Pulling Tractor Values and there are a bunch of hits that look useful in your search. Let us know how you make out.

Eugene's suggestion on contacting his fellow club members makes a lot of sense :)
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Oldnfuelish
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 60002
Tractors Owned: Cub 154 Lo Boy

Postby Oldnfuelish » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:32 am

Thank you,that is a good idea.i will let her know..

Return to “Cub Cadet”