This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

leaking hytrans fluid

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Ken (48 Cub)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40023
Tractors Owned: 1948 FCub
1957 LoBoy
Circle of Safety: Y

leaking hytrans fluid

Postby Ken (48 Cub) » Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:52 pm

For Paul and the rest,

I have my CC 1282 up and running. Have cut grass with it the last two weekends. That 44 inch cutting deck is sweet and it cuts very smooth.

Last Saturday I noticed that hytrans fluid was leadking out of the top of the trans. There are two pressure valves screwed into the top. They are spring load with ball bearings inside. One of them is leaking out of the little hole drilled into the top center. I compared the two. The springs seem to be the same stiffness. Can these be rebuilt or replaced?
What do you guys think? Once you build up thh pressure it leaks pretty good.
Ken, Annie the '48.

I think we gotter if'n she don't jump, Andy Griffith.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:47 pm

About the only rebuilding, is to replace the "O" ring under the hex head. It is time to replace it. I would either look for a good used one, or be sitting down when you price a new one. They are normally pretty reliable, and I would not have concerns about using a used one. There are two types. One has a plunger sticking up out of it, and that is the manual release so you can move the tractor around when it is not running. The plunger would be depressed to release the pressure, by a lever on the right side on the the driveshaft tunnel. The other type does not have the plunger (the kind you have I believe), and the pressure is released automatically when the tractor is shut off. Either type will work, but your tractor needs to have a working release lever to use the manual (plunger)type. You can find used ones on eBay or from people that sell use Cub Cadet parts. The type with the plunger were in the earlier model IH built hydrostatic tractors, and the automatic one in the later IH built hydro's.

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:28 pm

Ken
I might have given you some wrong info. It just dawned on me, your 1282 was built by CCC between 1981-85. It should have the same pressure relief valves as the IH built tractors, because CCC continued with the IH design until 1985, but they may be different and I don't have a parts manual to check it. Call Jocobi's in Fern Creek and ask for Doug or Chris, and they can look to see if it takes the same as the IH built 82 series or the IH built 129 through 1650 models.

Ken (48 Cub)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40023
Tractors Owned: 1948 FCub
1957 LoBoy

Postby Ken (48 Cub) » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:00 am

Thanks Paul, I'll call Jacobi. I have been sitting down alot with this rebuild. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ken, Annie the '48.

I think we gotter if'n she don't jump, Andy Griffith.

Return to “Cub Cadet”