This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

oil change

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cubkid
10+ Years
10+ Years

oil change

Postby cubkid » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:27 pm

hey, all. It's springtime so it means the oil needs changed in the tractors. I just got a 1986 Cub Cadet 1535 tractor with the two cylinder kohler engine, 15 hp. I was wondering what kind of oil I should use in it. I was thinking I guess 10w-30 or 5w-30. thanks. oh yea, how much do the twin cylinder kohlers usually hold? (plus it has the oil filter)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:20 pm

The only Cub Cadets I know anything about, are the ones built by IH, but if you go to the Kohler web site, http://www.kohlerengines.com/index.jsp you can find links to engine identification and to free, downloadable manuals that should answer your questions.

Return to “Cub Cadet”