This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Delco Starter/Generator

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ly134
10+ Years
10+ Years

Delco Starter/Generator

Postby ly134 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:09 am

Getting my model 73 with 12 Hp model 122 engine together but the Delco Starter/Generator has very little torque. I have disassembled and cleaned everything but while operating starter on work bench I can stop pulley by hand. Any suggestions. Delco starter/generator number 1101996. Thanks.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:32 am

Hi Lyle; I think you might have a bad armature or at least bad bushings(if it has bushing as some S/G have ball bearings). I would find an alternator shop that rebuilds them check the armature. Are you using the S/G off the 12x tractor or the 7x? There was a difference in the size of the pulley when the engines got larger. New brushes might be needed also. There are other used S/G out there but be sure it turns the right direction as all the others out there turn the opposite direction from Cub Cadets.
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

Return to “Cub Cadet”