This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Spray Gun

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
PAUL G
10+ Years
10+ Years

Spray Gun

Postby PAUL G » Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:10 pm

What type of spray gun would you recomend to prime and paint Cadets? I see Harbour Freight has a few models available.
PAUL

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:45 pm

I use a DeVilbiss. I have no experience with any of the ones HF sells, but know people that say they have had good luck with them. If I were going to buy one, I would probably not buy the lowest cost one they have, and not necessarly the most expensive one they have. I have found the people that work at HF will usually tell you which is the better model, or buy, of what they sell, if asked descreetly and not put on the spot.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:02 am

In general, the better guns mostly spray larger patterns efficiently. Most of mine are DeVilbiss, but a lesser gun should be fine for something small like a CC. In fact a beginner probably couldn't use a good production gun efficiently.

I would be very surprised if the people at HF selling paint guns have the first clue. Not likely any of them have ever painted anything.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:09 am

George
Very true about the people at HF probably not having used a paint gun, but they can tell you which ones they have the most compliants about, or the ones with the most returns, or the ones they sell the most of without the complaints or returns, and that should give someone and idea about which gun(s) to consider. I don't believe the size of the tractor has any bearing on the quality of the paint gun. If the operator, using a given model paint gun, can apply a good paint job to a small tractor such as a Cub Cadet , as you say, they can also apply the same good paint job to a larger tractor such as a W-6. I would agree that with the higher the quality of the gun used, one should expect to see a higher quality in the finish obtained......all other things being equal.

Brent
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93510

Postby Brent » Sun May 08, 2005 8:32 am

:D I painted my Cub with a Harbor Freight HVLP gun that was on sale for about $50.00 origionally about $80.00. Never painted a thing in my life and It came out like a pro did it. I saw the same gun at the auto paint store for $135. I mixed the paint 8:4:1 and sprayed with 45 to 50 lbs pressure. That was using IH 2150. I sure you don't want a Rouge Red CC.
Always try the easiest thing first.

'60_Lo-Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby '60_Lo-Boy » Sun May 22, 2005 4:52 pm

keep in mind, if you get a big gun, runs will be very common. i got a small - medium gun for $40 at home depot and it painted my loboy beautifully

Image :)
Aaron.

Return to “Cub Cadet”