This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

127 Rebuild III

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
S.H.A.F.T.
10+ Years
10+ Years

127 Rebuild III

Postby S.H.A.F.T. » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:01 pm

With the engine at the machine shop for at least the next week, I am sanding the engine tin so that I can paint it before the motor comes home. I see that the engine was painted after assembly. Was the head on when it was painted? Should I paint the head or mask it off? Do I paint the carb too? I am sanding first with 240 grit, then final wet sanding with 200. Seems good and smooth to me. Time to shoot it this weekend?

Thanks, S.H.A.F.T.
"Son, you can do it right, or you can do it again."

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:18 pm

Don't know if the head was on when painted, but the more coats of paint on the fins, the harder it is to get rid of heat.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:03 pm

The engine was assembled when it was painted, and everything was painted except the tag on the starter generator.

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:45 am

I think Paul forgot to mention the Kohler Identification tag doesn't get painted. The Kohler engine doesn't seem to be affected by paint with overheating as long as you keep the fins clear of debris.
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:41 am

Thanks Geezer, you are right. Like my tag line says.....

Return to “Cub Cadet”