This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Need a part

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ed in cny
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13045

Need a part

Postby ed in cny » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:53 pm

Hi guys I'm new to the site but it looks like I will fit right in here. My neighbor took ill and he and his wife have now moved to a home. He asked me if I wanted to buy his tractor and trailer he had. I jumped at the chance to have it. It was a 123 with an original #2 yard cart to boot. Not a bad buy for 300.00 I thought. It even has the original all weather cab that's in tough shape but there. Anyways I have a 124 that I bought years ago and have been used mainly for snow blowing the drive and walk ant it just looks real nice. The tractor was very well maintained. It had the original seat and cover it came with. The 123 however has a broken seat ripped up pad and the mounts bars under it are gone so it sits on a piece of ply. I would like to get that tractor up a running for this winter so it would be the winter tractor I however need to find a seat. I would like to find a original as someday (next spring) the old girl will get an overhaul and a new seat would just be the ticket. I have looked the net over and have yet to locate one. If anyone can direct me to anywhere that I can acquire one or get even a used one I would be grateful. Thanks guys.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Need a part

Postby Peter Person » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:15 pm

Ed,
Welcome to the forum.
Have you contacted some of the sponsors on this site: ihcubcadet.com

Peter
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:13 pm

Ed:

Congrats :applause: on acquiring a new to you Cub Cadet as a stable buddy for your 124 :D

ed in cny wrote:The 123 however has a broken seat ripped up pad and the mounts bars under it are gone so it sits on a piece of ply. I would like to get that tractor up a running for this winter so it would be the winter tractor I however need to find a seat. I would like to find a original as someday (next spring) the old girl will get an overhaul and a new seat would just be the ticket. I have looked the net over and have yet to locate one.

I frequent :eBay: a lot .. as do many of our members, so I did a search for Cub Cadet Seats and have found one of the parts you need as per the TC-113 Parts Catalog - Section F - 123:

Seats and seat brackets for the 123 are identical to the 124 and I have dealt with Joe's Outdoor Power many times in the past and have been 100% satisfied with his parts and his service and I have bought quite a few parts from him over the years. He has these:

Cub Cadet 124 Tractor Seat Mount Lift

You could also ask him about the padded seat. They are probably hard to come by in good shape and there may not be any reproductions for that seat available. However, I think the best bet would be to have your seat recovered .. almost any good automotive upholstery shop should be able to replicate the covering.

I do not have a lot of Cub Cadet stuff on the server yet, but there are resources available so do read the links below.

Image to the Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of which is the Cub Manual Server. For the Cub Cadet fan please check out the IH Cub Cadet Resources! topic for many great links. You may also wish to check out the CubFests and Gatherings Calendar 2011 to find a gathering of fellow members where Cubs, Friends and a good time is shared by all. Enjoy!.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

gitractorman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14072
eBay ID: toysforjake
Tractors Owned: Lots of Cub Cadets!
1951 Farmall Cub
1977 IH Cub
1966 IH Cub
1965 IH Lo Boy
1964 IH Lo Boy
1949 Farmall Cub
Several IH 154 Lo Boys
1979 IH 184 Lo Boy
Simplicity 4416 Sovereign
Simplicity Conquest
Simplicity Legacy 4x4 Diesel
Mitsubishi MT180D 4x4 Diesel

Postby gitractorman » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:09 am

Ed,
We're practically neighbors, well as this forum is concerned. I'm in Grand Island, but I work for a company in Syracuse and will be there next week for meetings. I have the seat pan that Rudi posted above, along with a bunch of the rear sheet metal for a 123 or 124 (they are basically the same). Let me know what you need and I'll be happy to bring it out to you next week.

Here's a pic of a few of the parts that I have:

I also have some front ends, a hydro tranny, frames, etc., if you need any of that:

However, if is the seat you are looking for, I do not have one:

I do have a guy here in Niagara Falls that has reupholstered several of them for me, pretty reasonably. He has even repaired the fiberglass pan one one of them. I think the last one he did for me cost around $100 and looked pretty much like new when he was done. If you still have the blue piping from around the edge, he can re-use it and it will look just like the original. Anyway, give me a shout and let me know about next week.

Bill (aka gitractorman)
Cub Cadets 682, 1811, 1864, Simplicity Legacy XL 4x4 Diesel with FEL, 60" mower, 50" Tiller

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:54 pm

Ed:

One other thing I forgot to add. Most Wants have to be listed in the Wanted Cadet Items. We have quite a good classifieds section and you usually can get answers/replies quickly.

Oh yeah.... try to make a meet with Bill happen - kind of a mini-fest. Mini-fests are a lot of fun and they usually lead to attendance at CubFests :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
2000 Simplicity Landlord DLX
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

2014 LS XR3032H w/ FEL and BH

Postby SundaySailor » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:48 am

Ed,

Either of the above parts suppliers would be good. Gitractorman has been around for quite some time, and he's known on several websites.

Joe's Outdoor Power supplies that Rudi referred to has a good reputation too. You can't go wrong with either of them.

SS
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:25 am

Rudi,
Darrell Darst does not recover that type of seat, he only does the silver canvas covered seats used on Farmall/International tractors, hence the business name of "Silver Seats".

ed in cny
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13045

Postby ed in cny » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:46 pm

gitractorman, Thanks for the ideas. The seat you show is the match to what I have. Like I said I would like to have it restored. The pan is broken and in need of serious repairs. Could be repaired but without going that rout I was thinking it would be nice to be new or like new. I will have to think this idea more. I may look into the repair of the seat. Fiberglass repairs are nothing new to me. I just though toss and replace.

Thanks to all of you that have given me isead and help. I'll keep you posted on the seat and the outcome. I find the tractor is leaking and in need of a rebuild soooo... That is now my new project for this fall and winter. Maybe I post a progress of the girl.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:48 pm

Paul:

Thanks for that info... I didn't know he limited it to the pans, but now I do :D

Return to “Cub Cadet”