This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub Cadet PTOs

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Cub Cadet PTOs

Postby wdeturck » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:21 am

I am starting a new topic that deals with the different types of PTOs.

I have a 1970 accessory catalog That list a front PTO that bolts on to the front of the Original, 70, 71, 100, 102 & 122 Which has bevel gear drive unit(like snow blowers and tillers use) which has its own clutch and can have a pulley or a spline adapter available.. The price was $64.05 for Original and $61 for the rest. I have never seen one of these units but I do have a 1/1 ratio snowblower bevel gear box I am going to make one for my Original.

The rear PTO is listed for Original( $42.28 ), 70, 71, 72, 73, 100( $42.28 ), 102, 104, 122, 124( $42.28 ), 106, 126( $60.50 ). Each group has its own part number because of the different mounting ans engagement lever as Paul Bell noted. I have a fake PTO in my Original as I can't find an Original main shaft.

Sorry for the smileys

I also have a wheel PTO that was marketed by some one but they are easy to make. I never saw any ads for these wheel PTOs which use the wheel weight bolt holes to mount. I have heard of these running elevators. I use mine to run a screw type log splitter that was an IH approved option made by Unicorn.

I run a Mott flail mower on the front of my Original that has a clutching system and I do take the belt guard off and run a furnace blower on hot days at shows.

I sure wish I could post pictures as it takes a lot of typing to explain a picture. I would appreciate any other information on PTOs that you may have. Thanks
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Cub Cadet”