This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub Cadet Narrow Frame Rear PTO

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:59 pm

The PTO speed is listed as low as 515 up to 570 RPM. Running through the creeper will reduce the speed of the main shaft. I don't know the reduction caused by the creeper. I have the installation manual and that doesn't give the creepe specs specs.
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:04 pm

Having never owned a Cub Cadet, I'm not really sure of this. I have used a CC transmission to rebuild a regular Cub's though. Since the regular Cub has a wide reduction in the final drives while the Cadet's reduction is ahead of the transmission, I'd assume the Cadet's PTO speed is nearer to the standard 540. Now, a wild guess about direction... Knowing that the axles turn in the opposite direction, but through reversed differential, I would guess that like a regular Cub the direction is non standard. How'm I doin'?
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:47 pm

George W.You have the direction correct as non standard. There are Hub City revisers available on E-bay and they bring around $350. Just looked at the one I saved and it went for $560.09 in March of last year. Still can't turn much with them.
I would still like to find a front PTO that was offered as I only ever saw pictures which I posted about on Cub Cadet PTOs
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

Return to “Cub Cadet”