This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Dual Wheel spacers

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Dual Wheel spacers

Postby BigBill » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:13 pm

I purchased some threaded rod from http://www.mcmaster.com with some fine threaded nuts 7/16-20 threads. I figure with some 7/16-20 lug nuts i can make my own threaded studs for the plate to mount the dual wheel spacer on. I have some steel bar with the 1'' hole in it along with some left over axles from installing disc brakes on some of my cadets. I plan on cutting the flanges from the axles and drill one side thru with a 7/16'' drill and leave the other side threaded. Then i can weld the bar stock with the 1'' hole in it to the flanges and fab dual wheel spacers. I have some 6/12 tires and rims i can dual up. The steel bar stock with the 1'' hole is snug on the axle so i may heat it to get it on the axle so it will be lined up exactly when it cools down. Outside of the cost of the hardware i got free dual wheels with a little work of course. What do ya think?? Bill

BTW; I have extra 13.6x16 turf tires for my int154 and i been told to dual them up too. I may do that for ha's, ha's only.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jeff in Pa
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18092
eBay ID: jrd77vet
Tractors Owned: Cub Cadet 122
Cub Cadet 125

Re: Dual Wheel spacers

Postby Jeff in Pa » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:04 pm

How are you going to fixture the spacers to insure they are parallel and don't run out from each other ( wobble and one wheel up while the other is down ) ?

Jeff in Pa
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18092
eBay ID: jrd77vet
Tractors Owned: Cub Cadet 122
Cub Cadet 125

Postby Jeff in Pa » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:10 pm

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:06 pm

I think the hole in my round steel stock is a tad under sized the 1'' axle. This way i can heat the tube and push it over the axel stub so it should align itself. I need to check first if the heavy steel tubing has a seam in it. Then i need to ream it first.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Cub Cadet”