Dual Wheel spacers

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

Dual Wheel spacers

Postby BigBill » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:13 pm

I purchased some threaded rod from http://www.mcmaster.com with some fine threaded nuts 7/16-20 threads. I figure with some 7/16-20 lug nuts i can make my own threaded studs for the plate to mount the dual wheel spacer on. I have some steel bar with the 1'' hole in it along with some left over axles from installing disc brakes on some of my cadets. I plan on cutting the flanges from the axles and drill one side thru with a 7/16'' drill and leave the other side threaded. Then i can weld the bar stock with the 1'' hole in it to the flanges and fab dual wheel spacers. I have some 6/12 tires and rims i can dual up. The steel bar stock with the 1'' hole is snug on the axle so i may heat it to get it on the axle so it will be lined up exactly when it cools down. Outside of the cost of the hardware i got free dual wheels with a little work of course. What do ya think?? Bill

BTW; I have extra 13.6x16 turf tires for my int154 and i been told to dual them up too. I may do that for ha's, ha's only.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.
BigBill
5+ Years
5+ Years

Zip Code: 00000

Re: Dual Wheel spacers

Postby Jeff in Pa » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:04 pm

How are you going to fixture the spacers to insure they are parallel and don't run out from each other ( wobble and one wheel up while the other is down ) ?
Jeff in Pa
Cub Star
Cub Star

Zip Code: 18092
eBay ID: jrd77vet
Tractors Owned: Cub Cadet 122
Cub Cadet 125

Postby Jeff in Pa » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:10 pm

Jeff in Pa
Cub Star
Cub Star

Zip Code: 18092
eBay ID: jrd77vet
Tractors Owned: Cub Cadet 122
Cub Cadet 125

Postby BigBill » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:06 pm

I think the hole in my round steel stock is a tad under sized the 1'' axle. This way i can heat the tube and push it over the axel stub so it should align itself. I need to check first if the heavy steel tubing has a seam in it. Then i need to ream it first.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.
BigBill
5+ Years
5+ Years

Zip Code: 00000

Return to Cub Cadet Forum