This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Finally, An Easy Fix For My 982!

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Weasel Keeper
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 46750
Tractors Owned: '81 red IH Cub Cadet 982

Finally, An Easy Fix For My 982!

Postby Weasel Keeper » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:19 pm

After a couple times at a shop having a mechanic fix my steering and rebuilding my Onan engine last year for ungodly amounts of cash, for once I fixed something myself...lol!

My battery kept draining which was shutting off my PTO clutch, and making me have to jump it just to start or remove the battery for a full charge just to cut 3 acres of grass. I also had to jiggle the key sometimes to get the starter to kick over. Finally the key quit working even after I fully charged the battery. I could hear a click, but no starter. I pulled out the starter switch and found I had a loose terminal and it had burn marks from arcing. Ordered a new switch from http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=cub_ ... 0031900020 , got it, installed it, and everything electric is working perfect again. :) The 30 year old beast is working like new again.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Cub Cadet”