This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Mini F cub made out of a Cadet

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Redcub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 97000
Tractors Owned: 47'Cub S/N 9516. Howard CD6 Despeeder, Howard L&S-28 Rotovators, broken front end loader, Hub City PTO clockwise converter/rpm reducer, Cub tach, Old style pointer hands analog Hobbs meter, Donaldson pre-cleaner, C-22 Sickle bar. Sears flat belt drive Buzz Saw, Model 54 blade, IH plow, Delco horn.
Circle of Safety: Y

Mini F cub made out of a Cadet

Postby Redcub » Mon May 23, 2011 10:03 pm

Found really nice pic of a Mini F-Cub made out of a Cub Cadet. Does anybody have any info on this project. I love it! :D
How was the hood made? Was the right side axle extended and the left side chopped? I'm very impressed with it.
Do you think the steering gear is from a Cadet or something else? I like the "lawn-vision"
Next time you are out here in the Pacific NW see us at
The Great Oregon Steam Up in Brooks Ore, along Interstate-5 just North of Salem
http://www.antiquepowerland.com Held the last weekend of July, and 1st weekend of August
"Steam and Gasoline"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Tezell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39861
Tractors Owned: 76 Cub Denim Springs
49 Cub Denim Springs
51 Cub Uncle Harvey
"Jacksonville" 53 Cub
"Jackson" 76 Cub
"Louie" 64 Cub Fast Hitch
"Paw Paw"71 Cub Fast
Hitch
"Alvin" 72 Cub
"Ugly" 75 Cub
76 Cub Val
Mr. Kirkland" 77 Red Cub
77 Cub "Russell
76 Cub w/fast hitch "Edgar"
76 - 185 Cub Lo Boy
John Deere 2003 - 5320
Kubota 7060
Kubota 5400
Kubota 2680
John Deere 445
TO20 Ferguson

Re: Mini F cub made out of a Cadet

Postby Tezell » Wed May 25, 2011 7:34 am

Cool! :big afro:
"I ain't believing this!"

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Wed May 25, 2011 10:21 am

I believe that tractor was built by Ray Brown from Eldridge, IA . I am not sure if he still owns it or if it has been sold. If memory serves me right, the steering box is from a Cub Cadet, and is turned on it's side. I believe he made the front axle and yes the right side is longer than the left. The frame is from a Cub Cadet and the axle pivots on the stock Cub Cadet axle pivot point. Ray also built a mini Farmall B.

I built this one from a Cub Cadet 70, but it is now owned by Kenny & Julie Wilson, from western Kentucky. The steering box on it is also a Cub Cadet unit that is slightly modified. The axle pivot is under the steering box and is centered on the axle.

Redcub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 97000
Tractors Owned: 47'Cub S/N 9516. Howard CD6 Despeeder, Howard L&S-28 Rotovators, broken front end loader, Hub City PTO clockwise converter/rpm reducer, Cub tach, Old style pointer hands analog Hobbs meter, Donaldson pre-cleaner, C-22 Sickle bar. Sears flat belt drive Buzz Saw, Model 54 blade, IH plow, Delco horn.

Postby Redcub » Wed May 25, 2011 1:02 pm

Perfect! Thanks for your reply and the pics. This will help is I ever get to the point of making one. Looks like a fun project.
Next time you are out here in the Pacific NW see us at
The Great Oregon Steam Up in Brooks Ore, along Interstate-5 just North of Salem
http://www.antiquepowerland.com Held the last weekend of July, and 1st weekend of August
"Steam and Gasoline"

mclark
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 50644

Postby mclark » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:54 am

Ray Brown is an awesome fella. I recently purchased a Mini B from him.... I luv it... I had it in it's 1st parade a couple weeks ago, I had a blast. I attached a picture. He does really great work.
Attachments
080.jpg

Return to “Cub Cadet”