This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Brinly-Hardy Planter Questions

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630
Circle of Safety: Y

Brinly-Hardy Planter Questions

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:13 pm

I recently acquired a Brinly Planter unit, and would like to clean it up and re-paint it to the original colors it came from the factory with. I am unsure if the current color of it is original, and would like to know what colors I need to purchase to paint it. I usually paint using acrylic enamel, however for this little unit that paint wouldn't be cost effective. I will probabaly go with enamel paint from Tractor Supply ($35 per gallon).

Could you please tell me what colors it is supposed to be, and it would be GREAT if someone has a picture of a restored one to share. The picture would be the best because I could see the colors, and see what peices are painted what. I could also tell if I am missing any peices on the unit since I am not familar with them. THANKS>!~!!
Attachments
IMAG0414.jpg
IMAG0414.jpg (47.24 KiB) Viewed 492 times
IMAG0413.jpg
IMAG0413.jpg (31.52 KiB) Viewed 492 times
IMAG0412.jpg
IMAG0412.jpg (47.66 KiB) Viewed 492 times
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Brinly-Hardy Planter Questions

Postby wdeturck » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:15 am

The Brinly white is what I call an International White has no tint. if your going to pull it behind a Cub Cadet you might want to use the Cub Cadet white that matches your tractor. I have seen some painted yellow but I think they were repaints.
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:09 am

Since this was a Cub Cadet question, the duplicate post in the Other Tractors and Machinery forum has been deleted.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:04 am

Chances are you will get the best idea of the original colors by disassembling it and looking in the cracks betweeen various parts. Original paint would have been protected as long as it hasn't been totally disassembled, stripped and repainted in the past. Brinley colors may have changed over time and they may have used different colors depending on who it was marketed through.

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:14 am

Thank you all for the help. Yeah, I figured someone on here had pictures of one all painted up original. I think I am going to go with the Cub Cadet White (maybe the Cub White/Cream cause I already have some) for the planter cans; and for the rest of the planter paint it the IH Blue or Gloss Black. The only reason I thought about blue is because I have a Cub Cadet 124 that has the blue on the hood. THanks again!
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

Return to “Cub Cadet”