This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

100 Hydraulics questions

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Pony Master
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62253
Circle of Safety: Y

100 Hydraulics questions

Postby Pony Master » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:05 am

I have the 100 running rather well now, so my next project is to tackle the hydraulic lift on this thing. I have a couple of questions before I procede. Let me start by saying it has the hydraulis unit mounted on the right side of the engine. It is the factory set up, but I am not sure if IH actually made the units.

First question: How do I install the new belt? Does the drive shaft have to come loose?

Second question: I am installing a rear lift. Do I need a sping assist on the lift or will the hydraulics be good enough?

Third question: What should I do once I get the belt on? Any pre use service I should do?

Forth question: What oils should I use and how full should the resivior be?
1947 Circle Cub, 193, 189
1954 Cub w/FH, IH100, 194, F11
1956 Cub Loboy w/FH and 194
1960 Cub Loboy w/FH and L-54
1953 Super A, 2 seater B, Avery V, Avery A, JD M, MH Pony, Leader D, Allis Chalmers C, and my Great Grandpa's ZA Minneapolis Moline.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 100 Hydraulics questions

Postby Paul B » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:56 am

I can't answer all of question 3 and 4 because I don't have one and don't have the installation instructions, but #1, yes the driveshaft and motor has to seperate. Easy way is to unbolt the motor and slide it forward. #2, no, you do not need a spring assist, the hydraulic sys is enough. As for #3, one thing to check is to be sure the centering spring is good and not broken. If it is it can damage the pump gears. Geezer or someone that has been in one of them can better answer questions 3 & 4.

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: 100 Hydraulics questions

Postby wdeturck » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:17 am

Third question: What should I do once I get the belt on? Any pre use service I should do?

As Paul mentioned you should drain all the fluid and take the canister(#48) off noting the position of the fill plug(#49). That should go back on about the same position as you fill the oil(I use Hy-Tran) and that will answer (#4 Forth question: What oils should I use and how full should the resivior be?). Be very careful with the washer(#53 as that is also the seal and NLA) on the bolt(#52)that holds the canister in the rear. They had a batch of bad centering springs(#56) and the tips broke off and got into the gears and broke the gears. You can check the spring by trying to break off the ends but if the spring is bad they are NLA.

The belt is adjusted by slots in #& and the upper bracket #57. That bracket is missing on some creeper installations but is available as an after market and the hole is in the pedestal to bolt it fast. Ido have the installation instructions on my computer and can E-mail you a copy. It is used for the Original & 70/100 installations. It will be a large file.

Another thing to look at is the shaft seal(#47). The original seal is about twice as thick as the replacement seal which you can get through NAPA and when I replace them I put 2 in because if you get the first seal in to far there is a drain hole that will leak. I think there is enough room just to add another seal without removing the old one.
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

Return to “Cub Cadet”