This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub Cadet mod. 71

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cletrac1
10+ Years
10+ Years

Cub Cadet mod. 71

Postby cletrac1 » Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:17 am

:lol: Where's the serial number located on a model 71 Cadet? How long did they make them ? I can't find out much about the 71 for some reason. Thanks Mike

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:47 am

The earliest Cadets had the serial number stamped into the transmission housing. Later ones were on a tag attached to the rear, in a fairly obvious location. If there was a third location, I am not aware of it. I thought the tags on model 71s were on the rear. That model was made from '65 to '67.

A good place to start for IH Cadet information is http://www.ihcubcadet.com/

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:56 pm

The early 71-123 Cub Cadets had the S/N stamped into the forward, raised , square, boss on the right side of the transmission case. The numbers are about 1/8-3/16" high in a horizontial line. Later 71-123 (and later models) had the S/N on a metal tag afixed to the rear of the transaxle (may be behind a rear frame opening cover on some), and later models went to a tag on the left side of the frame by you left foot. While I'm at it, the Original models had the # stamped into the gear reduction housing, on the right side, just forward and above the square pipe plug, in a vertical line. The 70/100 # was on the gear reduction housing, right side, vertical line on the early ones, and on the square boss on later ones like the early 71-123. The S/N's were STAMPED into the the surface. Any number that is a raised part of the casting is a part numher. The exception is the S/N's numbers on the metal tags, they are a raised or embossed number.

Return to “Cub Cadet”