Oil Leak problem.

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

Oil Leak problem.

Postby slydinclyde » Mon May 24, 2004 10:49 pm

I Have a CC 104 with the 10HP Kohler K241A and have a oil leak problem.
It appears to be leaking from what I would call the crakcase filter. It is the metel plate just behind the carb with a single nut holding it on. Behind that plate is a kind of spring load plate,gasket (of course) something that looks like a green scotchbright pad, rubber spacer, and something that is made out of a piece of thin sheet metal shaped like a + covering two holes on the left and right.

Any how I am getting an excessive amount of oil seeping through the front cover from the vent hole on top.

Any help would be appreciated.Thanks. :?
My Lifestyle Determines My Death Style.
slydinclyde

Postby Paul B » Tue May 25, 2004 9:13 pm

That inside plate has a small oil drain hole in it. Make sure it is at the bottom.
Paul B
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby slydinclyde » Wed May 26, 2004 5:17 am

The hole is on the bottom. I think thst the baffle may hve been installed backwards I am going to take it apart and double check. Could that drain hole be cloged somewhere futher down the line :?:
slydinclyde

Postby Scott C » Wed May 26, 2004 2:17 pm

Breather assy.
Scott C
Cub Star
Cub Star

Postby slydinclyde » Wed May 26, 2004 8:13 pm

I swapped the baffle around today ( it was in Backwards) it seems to have fixed it I will let you guys know later on after I have ran it for a awile if the prob is still there.
slydinclyde

Return to Cub Cadet Forum