This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

couple hydro questions

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
MR ED
10+ Years
10+ Years

couple hydro questions

Postby MR ED » Fri May 21, 2004 11:45 am

just recently got a 147 hydro..have a manual ordered but i have a few questions if anyone can answer them untill i receive it.
1,,,can you push or pull a hydro when lever is placed in neutral?? running or not.

2,should a hydro loose power when approaching an incline?? runs fine on level ground but when you hit a slight incline it slows down to about a 1/3 of the speed it had...motor maintains rpm...no slippage in rear...

3,how much trouble is it to adjust the hydro linkage if need be & is any other adjustments required other the fliter & fluid change??

Thanks

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri May 21, 2004 12:15 pm

Not familiar with a Cub Cadet 147, but all the hydrostat units I've seen have a seperate lever that must be operated to move them. On sime it's between the drivers knees, but on most it is on the rear of the mower. It may be a lever to move side to side, or on some it is a knob on a shaft that goes through a keyhole type opening in the rear. to push that type you pull the knob out and hook a collar on the shaft in the keyhole.

2. Thye all will sloe down some, but slowing down to 1/3 speed seems excessive to me.

3. depends on mower, but a manual will be needed.

4. might try http://www.ihcubcadet.com
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Cub Cadet”