This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Homemade front end loader

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
lonnyb
10+ Years
10+ Years

Homemade front end loader

Postby lonnyb » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:21 am

A couple years back I decided to build a FEL for one of my cubs I had back than, after building and useing the loader for the summer I removed the loader and sold the cub cadet 123 it was on and parked the loader out in the fence row.
This fall I once again became in need of useing the loader and decided to put it on my cub cadet 72 that just happens to have a 12hp motor in it.
I had to refit the rear bracket for the oil tank and rember how everything fit to gether but after a week of working on it for a hour or two each day I finially completed the install.
I can hang up to 8 40lbs suitcase weights on the rear bracket if needed.
Is one cub ever enough ?

Findoggy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Findoggy » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:29 am

That'd be a handy tool to have sitting around the place...looks like you're pretty handy. I saw a CC with loader on my way home from work the other day and was tempted to see if they'd sell it. Sadly, finances wouldn't allow it, so I just kept driving. :( Findoggy

moparado
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby moparado » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:38 am

lonnyb, very impressive! :wink:

Are you using the onboard CC hydraulics with an added oil reservior?
or
is the FEL hydraulics an independant system?

When i bought my Farmall 300-U it came with a bunch of implements, one of which was a homemade hydraulic crane lift which is fitted to the front loader bucket. After seeing your FEL and towing tractor pics, i'm inspired to one of these days figure out how this thing goes together!

-Ken
Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy
Lighten up while you still can don't even try to understand
Just find a place to make your stand and take it easy - The Eagles

lonnyb
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby lonnyb » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:35 pm

Moparado,

The FEL is powered by a seprate hydraulic pump mounted under thr front of the cub so I can use the tractors PTO to power the pump.
The Tractor does not have onboard hydraulics.
Is one cub ever enough ?

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:06 pm

Nice job on the FEL. These little machines are so handy with the little loaders. I like my neighbors 147 with the Danco loader. The pump is run off the engines pulley that infront of the screen/flywheel. The oil tank is the uprites that support the FEL arms. Then they mount the hydraulic oil filter on the return line on the twin control valves.

You would be shocked at what these little loaders can do too. I seen my neighbors son plant the front edge of the bucket in the ground with the front wheels in the air and drive it forward slicing the hard dirt into the bucket. These little guys sure can do hard work too.

Right now i have one FEL arm tac'd up for my int154cub but i'm going to do one of my cadets too. On my cadet I was thinking of using a two stage hydraulic pump off the front PTO for a log splitter and another pump off the flywheel for the loader. A trailer mounted log splitter w/ log loader on the rear hitch with quick hyd couplings would be neat to have too. As soon as i get my cadet tiller running with the cooler weather its time to get serious about welding.

For ideas and help go to http://www.machinebuilders.net If I can help you i will too.

For parts go to; http://www.metkit.com they have the bearings/structual tubing and pins.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

lonnyb
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby lonnyb » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:49 pm

Moparado.

Here is a look at the hydraulic pump I am useing on my FEL.

and here is a look at the hydraulic controls,
Is one cub ever enough ?