This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

moving a 1450

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
tiger9297
10+ Years
10+ Years

moving a 1450

Postby tiger9297 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:45 pm

Found a 1450 today. Tractor looks to be in really good condition. It will turn over but just won't start. However, this tractor being a hydro won't roll. I found a small chrome lever just beneath the seat on the right side that says "release" and "do not tow". I moved the lever but didn't feel as though anything was happening. It may have come loose down under the cover so I may have to remove the cover and see what the deal is with it. Is this the lever that will allow me to roll the tractor? If not how do I move it? This will be my third cub. I have an 1100 and a 126 right now. I'm kind of excited about adding a hydro to the fleet. Thanks for the help.

Ralph
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 41005
Tractors Owned: Near 200 cubs through the years
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Ralph » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:36 pm

You are correct that is what the lever is for so as you said look to see that the lever is do ing what it is supposed to.
Then it should roll ,
Shoot low Sherriff they are Riding Shadows
4 Wheels move the body.....
2 Wheels move the Soul .....

Ralph in ky.

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:40 pm

At the end of that lever there is suppose to be a plate that pushes down on 2 valves(one is forward and one is reverse). Without pushing the balls down the pump and/or motor will get damaged.
The par number is IH-545728-R1 Dump Valve. Check and make sure it's missing and I think Scott Madson Service in WI has reproductions that are better than the OEM ones. The phone number is 1-920-773-2661 and very good people to deal with. You can jack up the rear end to move it around. If you get it running you will find out if those valves are good. They can be swapped.
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.