This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

clutch problems

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
MADDOG355
10+ Years
10+ Years

clutch problems

Postby MADDOG355 » Sat Oct 25, 2003 11:10 pm

Ok my cadet had set up for a long time to start with. I have it running but the clutch won't relese :roll: . Any ideas how I can get it freed up?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Jack fowler » Sun Oct 26, 2003 8:30 am

Maybe possible a clutch disc is “stuck” on the drive shaft.

Your have to gain access to the throw -out bearing area and depress the clutch and see what your problem is. A fix maybe is a little penetrating oil on the drive shaft, emery cloth the drive shaft surface or maybe a tap on the clutch disc with a soft object.

This is a link that John *.?-!.* cub owner posted on a clutch asm. http://members.aol.com/pullingtractor/clutch.htm
Hope this helps. If it doesn’t they’re many people that read this forum that will figure out your problem.

Jack Fowler

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sun Oct 26, 2003 8:53 am

The clutch disk may be stuck to the pressure plate from setting a long time. This is not too uncommon. Sometimes they will break loose from running them. You might have to dis-assemble it to break it loose.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

MADDOG355
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby MADDOG355 » Sun Oct 26, 2003 9:05 am

I soaked the shaft with penetrating oil lastnight and will go work on it some in a little. Thanks for the link if I have to take it apart I will probly upgrade to the alum clutch disc while I have it down.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:30 pm

The clutch on my 73 stuck this summer. It hadn't been all that long since I had run it, but it was stuck pretty tight. To get it loose, I finally had to unbolt the engine and slide it forward to get a little working space. After I got it pried loose, everything cleaned up OK. Since the fiber disk wasn't torn or otherwise obviously damaged, I just put it back in. It seems to be fine.

Now I try to more careful to leave it with the brakes locked (which holds the clutch disengaged).

Return to “Cub Cadet”