This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Plow for my Garden tractor

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Chris Jones
10+ Years
10+ Years

Plow for my Garden tractor

Postby Chris Jones » Sun May 27, 2007 10:28 pm

I'm in the initial phases of modifying a small plow to fit on my Wheel Horse or alternately building a 3pt hitch for my Cub Cadet to accept the plow. I've made a web page with a description and pictures and I'd love for the folks here to take a look at it and give any advise you might have.

http://home.triad.rr.com/jonesc/wanted.html

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Mon May 28, 2007 7:01 am

Here is some information on Brinly Plows
http://ihregistry.com/manuals/brinly.php
You can buy used 8", 10" and 12" (need 14 HP for the 12") Brinly and other makes that will work on a Cub Cadet as long as you have a lift which are available used. The adapter can be fabricated but are available used also. Making a plow doesn't seem like a very good idea when you can find used ones cheap and they have the engendering built in them rhat is required for a plow to work.
If you look at this site in there archives ther are a lot of plow pictures and information.

http://ihregistry.com/cgi-bin/discus/discus.cgi?pg=topics
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

Snotzalot
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Snotzalot » Mon May 28, 2007 8:10 am

Hey Geezer that 1650 and plow look interesting, who's 1650 is that???? LOL

That plow cost me $62.10 on Ebay and I was able to pick it up. The sleeve hitch cost $80 from a registry member. If you shop Ebay you can probably buy the same for the same amount.

Chris Jones
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Chris Jones » Mon May 28, 2007 8:40 am

Does that 1650 have hydraulic lift?

Do you have any picture or do you know of any links that show how that lift is attached to the lift lever?

Snotzalot
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Snotzalot » Mon May 28, 2007 9:12 am

Chris,

It has a hydraulic lift but it didn't come with the rear lift bar and rock shaft. I bought that from a registry member. They generally go for around $100 for the rock shaft and connecting bar. I don't have any photos.

Chris Jones
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Chris Jones » Mon May 28, 2007 10:11 am

Mine's a manual lift and with the plow that far back I could never lift it. Anyway I had seen those clevis hitch setups for cadets before but didn't know how they hooked up. You picture helps explain that. Did IH or anyone make a 3pt specifically for the cadet? Mine's a 1967 102.

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Mon May 28, 2007 10:27 am

There I a hydraulic unit available for your 102 that was an option for the NF and it has been put on the wide frame model with some fabrication. Here is a picture of my Original with the pump mounted behind the S/G
Here is the installation manual for the hydraulic lift
http://ihregistry.com/manuals/options/hydro.pdf
If you learn to use this parts sight you can get the parts breakdown on any Cub Cadet and the implements and some accessories like the 3 point hitches.
http://www.cngcoinc.com/parts-browse.asp
Click on parts look up
Next page click on model
next click on begins with and type 102 and you should get the parts breakdown to open the parts list of a 102. then just select the section you want to look at and it opens on a different page. If you click on the part illistration number it will go to that part the click on add to cart and you will find if it's available and the cost. This is a very good company to buy mail order parts also.
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

Merk
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Merk » Mon May 28, 2007 4:07 pm

Chris,

The best and easiest way to go is to find a Brinly plow and hitch for your tractors. You will have as much or more money in making the old plow fit one of your tractors. I have been down that road already. Brinly plows have plenty of adjustability built in them.

Plow depth is base on 1/2 the plow width. If You have a 8 inch wide plow it will plow 4 inches deep. This is the same for big farm tractors and plows.

Good places to find a Brinly plow and a hitch are eBay, tractor shows and different tractor sites. Plows that have a "will not ship-Must pick up" on eBay will go for less money than a plow that the owner will ship. A good friend of mine paid $25 for a rusty Brinly plow and a set of 6X12 ags mounted on a set of Cub rims at a tractor show last weekend. I purchase comeplete Brinly sleeve hitch adapter for $50 off a Cub Cadet site that I visit.

I plow several gardens with My Cub Cadet 149 and a 10 inch Brinly or a Homelite plow. My Homelite plow isn't used much anymore because I can't get replacement plow points anymore. Point has a few hours getting point welded back to what it orginally was so plow would work. Some of my smaller gardens a 20X20.

You can go to this topic if You like to see my Cub and plow in action:

http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20879

Return to “Cub Cadet”