This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

It's a disease My First Cub Cadet

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Davesaver
10+ Years
10+ Years

It's a disease My First Cub Cadet

Postby Davesaver » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:05 pm

Apparently five Farmall Cubs was not enough. I came across this Cub Cadet and opened a new chapter in my Cub collecting. It's a September of 1964 Model 70. It runs and mows although I think the blades could be sharper.

Just brought it home last Saturday.

I'm missing the clutch cover and I am looking for one if anyone has a spare. Too bad about the head lights. I need to learn more about putting headlights in the grill. I've seen parts available on one web site for headlights. Any ideas how to plug the holes where the existing brackets are?

The motor/generator is not charging but I have not played with the regulator yet.

Who and where are the best places to get parts?
Dave Saver ? Because I save everything. Just ask my wife.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

dyt4000
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby dyt4000 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:56 pm

1957 IH Cub Lo-Boy | 1972 Cub Cadet 128 | 1974 Cub Cadet 109 | 1967 857 Wheel Horse

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: It's a disease My First Cub Cadet

Postby Eugene » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:09 pm

Davesaver wrote: I've seen parts available on one web site for headlights. Any ideas how to plug the holes where the existing brackets are?

It doesn't look like your tractor came with headlights. It's your tractor. But, do you have a use for headlights? I have several Cadets with headlights and have never used them. I did turn them on to find the bulbs burnt out. When I found out the cost of the replacement bulbs, I didn't buy them.

The piece the headlight bracket is mounted to is heavy cast. You could fill the holes any number of ways: Weld, JB Weld, Epoxy, Auto body filler.

Parts. Depending on what you need for parts. Your local auto parts store will or should carry the Kohler engine parts. Case/IH dealer and Cub Cadet dealer.

Eugene
I have an excuse. CRS.

jostev
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 03574
eBay ID: farmallkid48
Skype Name: farmall_kid
Tractors Owned: 41 B
48 H
49 C
50 red demo Cub
51 C
52 Cub
54 Super C
61 and 63 Cub Cadet Originals
78 Cub Cadet 1450
73 154 lo-boy

Postby jostev » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:34 am

Cadets are very addicting :lol:

nice looking cadet you found yourself

Johnny

Davesaver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: It's a disease My First Cub Cadet

Postby Davesaver » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:27 am

Eugene wrote:It doesn't look like your tractor came with headlights. It's your tractor. But, do you have a use for headlights?

Eugene,

A point I struggle with.

It did not come with headlights but it could have or a previous owner could have added them differently than they did (orginal parts). I live a little over a quarter mile from my mail box and a big thing for my daughter is to ride up to get the mail when I get home from work. Parts of the year that is dusk or after dark.
Previous to my introduction to IH I purchased a Troybilt tractor 12 years ago for mowing the yard. It has lights She currently rides with me but she is fast growing to big to just ride and operate it as well. I get in her way (she tells me). It's a little larger than the Cadet and it is hard for her to reach all the controls mainly the brake. The Cadet fits her a little better.

Thats why I was thinking about lights.

Thanks all for the tips on finding parts.
Dave Saver ? Because I save everything. Just ask my wife.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:08 pm

You'll be getting more either way for sure....I did now i have 3 cadets yup 3 more restoration projects besides my 154 cub to do. The cadets are a hoot to scoot with too. I have a 122 with a mower deck and a 70 with a deck and snowplow and a 100 with a snowblower and a deck plus i got a trailer in the deal too. I'm not sure what my next one will be but its going to happen anyway you can bet on it. My plans for a new barn and tractor shed just got bigger/larger already i need more room. I was thinking about an elevator in the barn so i can hide some cadets in the loft too since they all look the same the misses won't know how many i have as long as i switch the hoods.

BTW; I think the headlites look good the way they are it looks like a Herby? its cool......the orginal looks that way too.

If the cadet is for the daughter are you going to paint it pink? I think pink with a bright white hood would be good for her it would personalize it for her.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Scott
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02769
eBay ID: scottdarowski
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub
55 Cub
62 CCO
63 CCO
70 JD 112

Postby Scott » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:15 pm

I have to Cub Cadet Originals and they sure are neat little tractors
Image On To Bigger Things

Lance Leitzel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45011
Tractors Owned: 1960 Loboy
1974 154 Loboy
1968 72 Cub Cadet
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Lance Leitzel » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:05 pm

Hi everybody. Well today I got bitten by the cadet bug as well. Actually, the infection took place on Feb. 17th. I was down a Ralph's picking up a part for my tractor when he up and started a cub cadet 72 right in front of me. :roll: I hadn't paid much attention to it before, but there was something about it running that made it much more interesting. Well, I went home, thought about it for a while, hoped someone else would buy it, but sure enough it came home with me today.
Ego diligo meus tracti.
(I love my tractors)

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:33 am

The only problem now is you seem to want every cub cadet/ farmall cub/ int cub thats priced reasonable after you get one or have a few. You just want to add them to your stable of fine garden tractors besides farmall/INT cub tractors too.
This is a very bad disease once your bitten.

My wifes boss is from Vermont and from a long family history of farmers he says that this is really a great investment right now. Hearing this seemed to open up the wifes interest too. We just ain't throwing money out the window.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Cub Cadet”