This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

MOWER DECK FOR ORIGINAL CUB CADET

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
jackcu
10+ Years
10+ Years

MOWER DECK FOR ORIGINAL CUB CADET

Postby jackcu » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:54 pm

I HAVE A PRE 64 MODEL CUB CADET. IT CAKE WITH A 42 INCH MOWER DECK THAT I WOULD LIKE TO REPLACE. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF WHERE I MIGHT FIND ONE. I HAVE LOOKED ON EBAY BUT NO LUCK.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:11 pm

Hi Jack: I think a pre 1964 Cub Cadet would be a 70 or 100 model. That model took the cast iron 38" o4 42" deck. If you get yourself a user name you can post on the IH Registry wanted sections and there a lot of guys selling parts that read it.
http://ihregistry.com/forum/messages/52756/52756.html?1172697687
If you would let us know where you live we can suggest other places that might be able to sell you a deck. Shipping a deck is expensive.
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

jackcu
10+ Years
10+ Years

Mower deck

Postby jackcu » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:29 pm

Hi thanks for the reply. From what I have read according to my serial number I don't think the early models have a number designator, they are simply called cub cadets, but I could be wrong. I have the 42 inch cast iron deck which has alot of rust. I live in Houston texas. Any help with parts location would be much appreciated.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:02 pm

http://www.cngco.com/

A lot of times the model/serial number tag is missing. The provided site has a Cadet parts lookup including the different decks. With a bit of effort you can identify your deck and needed IH part numbers.

Deck parts are still available at the Case/IH dealership or the Cub Cadet Dealership. Expensive.

Also check out Cub Cadet resources at the top of the Cadet page.

Eugene
I have an excuse. CRS.

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:26 pm

jackcu
Tell me your serial number and I can tell you the month and year your Cub Cadet was built.

You are correct in that the first model did not have a model number and IH called it the Cub Cadet. It is commonly called an Original by most cub Cadet collectors now. It was built from Jan 1961 until fall of 1963, and had a 38" two bladed, timed, deck. The Original was replaced by the models 70 and 100, that were built from 63 to 65. The cast iron end deck became available with the 70 and 100, but there was an adapter kit made available by IH to install the cast iron end deck on the Original. The cast end decks are fairly common, and normally fairly inexpensive, and repair parts (blades, bearings, etc.) are available from Cub Cadet dealers. They are about the best cutting deck IH ever built, when properly set up.

jackcu
10+ Years
10+ Years

mower deck original cub

Postby jackcu » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:17 am

My deck is the timed version. my serial number is 55941.

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:12 am

Hi Jack: That is an Original and that is close to the end of the run of the Original(April 63). Your deck is a 38" cut as that is the only deck available in the timed deck. Those are a bit harder to find then the cast iron end decks.
Here is a place in Joaquin, TX that may have a used timed deck for you. His name is Myron Bounds and is very helpful.
http://www.ccsupplyroom.com/
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

jackcu
10+ Years
10+ Years

original cub

Postby jackcu » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:09 am

Thanks so much you have been very helpful. I plan on posting some pics when I get a chance to.

Return to “Cub Cadet”