This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Moog engine mounts

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Findoggy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Moog engine mounts

Postby Findoggy » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:49 pm

I have a 1250 that I hope to work on within the next few months. I got it running a little while back, but have a lot of seals to replace, clean and set the carb, get a new battery etc. I noticed also that the ISO mounts are shot. I have heard people talk about Moog mounts? What exactly are they, and where would I get them? My dad works for a CC dealer and had never heard of them? Thanks for any help you can give.

Findoggy

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:49 pm

They are auto sway bar mounts that some people use (I have used them, but.....). They are a lot cheaper than the CC ISO mounts, but I would use the ISO mounts rather than the Moog. The new ones from CC are harder and some people seem to think the engine is not as vibration free when using them, and others say that just tightening the nuts to where there is just a couple of threads showing rather than following the package instructions for torqueing the bolts make them smoother.

Normally, it is the bottom half of the ISO mount that wears out (top and bottom half is the same) and the top half may still be good, so it is sometime possible to find enough good used ones to replace the bad ones.

Findoggy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Findoggy » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:37 am

Thanks Paul.

Snotzalot
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Snotzalot » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:17 pm

I just did my 1650 with MTD Iso mounts and it's almost acceptable. What I've heard to try is a set or the old ISO mounts for the bottom and the MOOG for the top. My 16HP motor isn't the smoothest to begin with but it does have some sweet spots in the RPM Range.

Do you know how to add the cross brace to the ISO rails?

Findoggy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Findoggy » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:11 pm

Snotzalot,
When you say that the MTD ISO mounts are almost acceptable, what does that mean? Is there a lot of vibration? Is the vibration strictly irritating to the operator, or is it harmful to the tractor? I'm used to my Model 73 which tends to vibrate a fair bit at high RPMs.

No, I don't know how to add the brace to the rails. Is it easy to do? I don't weld, but I have friends that do. Perhaps they could help. Does the brace help alot?

Snotzalot
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Snotzalot » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:14 pm

Mid range it has a lot of vibration, but at idle it's smooth and at the normal operating higher RPM's it's acceptable.

Here is how to reinforce the ISO rails.

http://cubfaq.com/isomount.html

I had my engine hanging from a hoist, I bolted the ISO rails to the engine and tack welded the cross brace in place. Make sure you measure front to back to make sure the rails are parallel.

The brace keeps the ISO rails from moving and is supposed to increase bushing life.

My 1650 is new to me so I don't have any real reference as to what it should sound like. I've had a 682 for years and they are nice and smooth.