This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

What do you tell your misses?

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

What do you tell your misses?

Postby BigBill » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:55 am

I have a 154 cub and three cub cadets so far and how do you tell your misses you want to get more? :roll:
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bill Hudson » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:07 am

Very carefully!

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:32 am

Very simple. Bring it home and ask her if she likes this one better than the last one. If she doesn't tell her you are ok with that. Then go out and get another till she does. If she likes the second then tell her since she likes that one you will look for one for her. Also take cooking lessons.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Into Tractors
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45387

Postby Into Tractors » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:54 am

Sounds like a few of our members need to read some of the books that Roger Welsch has written, or then again, some of the members may have "Provided" some of the research that Roger used in some of his books.

I must be one of the lucky ones, as my wife really doesn't pester me too much about my Rusty Hobby collection. She figures that as long as I'm messing around with my hobbies, she doesn't have to worry about me going bar-hopping or "Messing" around with another woman.

Had a chuckle a few weeks ago when she mentioned someone asked about me the other day; how my hobbies were coming along, and how many tractors I now have.

My wife's response was: "I've lost count! He has them stored at the barns of neighbors and in-laws now I have no idea how many he has!"
Mike Duncan

junkman1946
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby junkman1946 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:56 pm

Just tell her you need them to do the yard work.
1948 Cub F,1962 Original,1971 C.C.model86, WheelHorse and C.C. mini pulling tractors, C.C. models1450 , 682,106,123, Ariens GT17 with loader,Jacobsen Powermax loader and backhoe 8 more Cub Cadets in the shed waiting to go under the knife and spray gun.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:50 pm

I think Mike has the answer. You need to collect enough so that your wife has no clue as to how many you have. Then if she notices a recent acquisition you can just say "What? That old thing? I've had that for ages!" :)
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:27 pm

Well my last thing i collected was vintage husqvarna dirtbikes, i restored all of them. I had around 15 bikes when the misses said no more!!! Within a week or so i had 10 more for a total of 25 plus a garage full of enough parts to race most of them too. Unfortunely my health made me get rid of all of them so i sold and shipped them all over the country. I made sure they all went to good homes too. It was sad to see them all go too but it was fun to make them run again too.

I think the tractors are going to be more fun. But i'm going to have many before i'm done or will i ever be done? I guess I'll have to hide them from the misses, maybe buying her new furniture will help a little.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:53 pm

If she ever ask how many you have..........., ask her how many she counted before you answer.

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:17 pm

the last one i bought, the wife was 500 miles away. She was out of town for the weekend. :D :shock: Brought it home, unloaded it, and tucked it away nicely not saying a thing. But my 11 yr son, who loves to explore my barn, first thing he did, find the new big tractor, and came in and told his mother........ Oh Boy, anyway, she now knows i got 5 cubs and she actually checks (sends my son out to the barn) to do a tractor count. :lol:

As Big Dog says its easier to ask forgiveness than for permission.

CubitisNH
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby CubitisNH » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:59 pm

Big Dog is a wise man with lots of experience in these matters.
My wife told me (I think when I got my third tractor) she didn't care how many old tractors I had, as long as I didn't let the yard fill up with junk cars---bad childhood memories--- so I got rid of the one junk car I had and never looked back!!
Mike
How can you have too many Cubs????

bear4work
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby bear4work » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:05 pm

get a tractor just for her, teach her to drive it, when she sees how fun it is she won't be as disappointed when you come home with another one. :D
a few old Gravely L's

1969 Cub Cadet 126 with 42" mower - sold :(

a green lawn tractor

freebird
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby freebird » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:10 am

Rib steaks and king crab legs on the grill gets me out of trouble most of the time!
Tell the truth, there's less to remember!

'52 standard cub
'56 lo-boy

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby johnbron » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:33 pm

freebird wrote:Rib steaks and king crab legs on the grill gets me out of trouble most of the time!

////////////

You better watch that grill closely. That 15 year old bandit in your area will clear that grill off in a jiffy and head back to the woods. :shock:
Then came Bronson

freebird
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby freebird » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:06 pm

They finally caught him about a mile north of me. I had been pretty edgy here the last few weeks. Last weekend they had a dragnet in that area with cops from 3 different surrounding towns. I am glad it's over. We have a lot of vacant vacation homes here in the winter. They call those residents "snowbirds" as they migrate south for the winter.
Tell the truth, there's less to remember!

'52 standard cub
'56 lo-boy

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:02 pm

I'm golden right now!!!! One of the employee's she works with just picked up a new cub cadet the delivery guy told him the older cub he has is a better machine. Now i have the go light for my new hobby.

Most of the elderly go south for the warmer weather because of there athritis which i'm also having problems right now too.

Return to “Cub Cadet”