This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

cub cadet 70 or 100??

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

cub cadet 70 or 100??

Postby BigBill » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:57 pm

Would a 14hp kohler engine fit the narrow frame of the 70 or 100 cub cadet? Has anyone done this?

I was just thinking silly about a cub cadet powered log splitter that i can move by driving it around? (i'm disabled) The hydraulic pump can be driven from the front PTO. And maybe the hydraulic lines can go to the rear with quick disconnects. I think a smaller log splitter on the back would be awesome. I was thinking orginally of a side mounted log splitter it would mount like a side car on a motorcycle but that would block access to one side of it. Being disabled my health isn't going to get any better so i'm kind of planning now for it. I can move it and let my kids run it.(load it)
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

junkman1946
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby junkman1946 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:07 pm

You will need the Cub specific narrow frame base(oil Pan) which is narrow enough to slip between the Frame rails. You may also have to relocate some of the mounting holes. I can't remember. But most earlier K Series up to a K341 will fit.
1948 Cub F,1962 Original,1971 C.C.model86, WheelHorse and C.C. mini pulling tractors, C.C. models1450 , 682,106,123, Ariens GT17 with loader,Jacobsen Powermax loader and backhoe 8 more Cub Cadets in the shed waiting to go under the knife and spray gun.

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:46 pm

A Cub Cadet specific 14 horse (K-321)will fit in a narrow frame 1 of 2 ways: flare out the frame rails in the area of the flywheel/blower housing like the fracory did for the 147, or replace the 14 hp bearing plate, flywheel, and blower housing with one from a 10-12 hp engine. Otherwise it is too wide to fit between the frame rails. The 14 and 16 hp engines is why they made the wide frame models, to spread the frame enough for them to fit between the rails.

Return to “Cub Cadet”