This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Which Belt Does Gord Need For His Blower??

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Which Belt Does Gord Need For His Blower??

Postby Rudi » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:48 pm

Gord has a QA-36A Blower.

If we look at Illustration #6 on Page 6 of the QA-36A Manual, we can see the Drive Sheave which connects to the PTO Cluctch Pulley as seen in Illustration #8 on Page 8, has a belt. One of two. We are interested in the one labeled Drive Belt.

What belt fits this scenario?

Gord has a CC-108 Serial # 512933 (205 0043 U 512933). He would like to know the Size and Profile of the Drive Belt so we can match it up with an after-market, because he cannot locate one from a Dealer.

Any help would be appreciated.. He is getting well into this restore and wants to put all of his Ducks In A Row... :!: :wink: :D

Other question:

We also need to know what the availability of the Drive Sheave itself is. It is a 4" Diameter Pulley.

We have 2 Part #'s but are confused as to which is the Correct one.

# 485 247 R91 is for tractors 800 to 1650
and
# 78 055 C1 is for tractors 482 to 782

I take it these refer to the Cub Cadet Models.. but if so, then where does the Cub Cadet 108 fit in the grand scheme of these Sheave Part #'s ?? These Part #'s have been gleaned from the on-line Parts Look-up at Florida Lawn and Garden Website...
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:43 pm

Just put one on my son in-laws QA. It was 29" long. Don't remember the numbers.

We shortened up the belt tightner then took a string. String around the PTO pulley and the drive sheeve. It measured 28". bought a 28" belt - to short. 29" fit.

We took our string measurement and the mower deck drive belt to the NAPA dealer.

Eugene

R Bedell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48701

Postby R Bedell » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:00 am

Rudi:

The correct belt for your combination is the #IH-55053C1 (1/2 x 30) belt.

The difference in the two Drive Pulleys are the widths. The one for Cubs (OCC thru Q/L) is 3/8" and the 82 Series used a 5/8".

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:29 am

Eugene:

Thanks for the info.. good tips for checking on lengths of belts... I like it.. I forgot how to do that. I now can get those belts for some outdoor stuff I have been meaning to get running... :!: :roll: :D :lol:

Roland:

Thanks for the #'s and explanation for all, Iam sure Gord will appreciate immensely.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Cub Cadet”