This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

102 carb

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bruce Sanford
10+ Years
10+ Years

102 carb

Postby Bruce Sanford » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:10 pm

I have not started the 102 up for awhile.So I tried today.The gas just flowed right through the carb.Took of the breather but could not see anything.But gas running,never had this happen before.Could it be a bad float, with a hole.Any thoughts will be appreciated. 8) :) Bruce
owner of 48 fcub 34206 Cub cadets 108/102 with mower,snow thrower and blade

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:47 pm

Guess. A bit of trash between the needle valve and seat.

Remove the bowl and let the fuel flow for a few seconds. Reinstall the bowl. Perhaps the trash will flush out.

If thet doesn't work remove the carburator and repair.

Eugene

Snotzalot
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Snotzalot » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:49 am

Rumor has it most gasoline has a shelf life of about 30 days these days, then it starts filling your carb with junk. Always use Stabil in your fuel for your cub. Probably just crud in the bowl, remove, clean and reinstall. If there is alot of crud there you might want to drain and refill the gas tank too. Addition of a fuel filter might be a good idea too.

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:39 am

More than likely your problem is a needle valve that is stuck or has dirt under it as Eugene said, but yes, it could also be a bad/leaking float, it is not uncommon. Probably be best to clean & rebuild the carb. The stock, glass bowl fuel filter/strainer does a good job if the gas tank does not have a lot of rust or junk in it, but it may not filter out tiny specks of rust/dirt, and they can cause the needle valve not to seat. If you add an inline fuel filter, insure it is one made for a gravity feed system and not one made for use with a fuel pump, to save your self some aditional headache's down the road.

Bruce Sanford
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bruce Sanford » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:11 am

Thanks guys for your help.I do filter my fuel before I put it in my tractors.
I will try the simple things first.After I get the 108 ready for snow throwing.Thanks again I appreciate the help. 8) :) Bruce

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:59 am

Hey Bruce...You can ADD SEAFOAM to your gas (available at NAPA and other fine auto stores) and accomplish TWO TASKS AT ONCE...SEAFOAM CLEANS YOUR CARBURETOR and STABILIZES YOUR GAS TOO ! Just 2 ounces to a FULL TANK OF GAS will do the trick, or you can stabilize your gas when you first buy it, by using 4 ounces of SEAFOAM for every 2 1/2 gallons of gas.
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Bruce Sanford
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bruce Sanford » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:31 am

Country

I am using MMO in my fuel now,and I do have Seafoam to. I have a carb kit coming.I did take the bowl off the carb.It was full of junk.So all fuel related parts are coming off after the holiday season.Thanks for the help.You and yours have a Merry Christmas. 8) :) Bruce

Return to “Cub Cadet”