This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

147 & blade, homemade potato planter!

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

147 & blade, homemade potato planter!

Postby SONNY » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:16 pm

Had just got the 147 running again this spring after sitting 16 years with engine out! Made this potato planter in about 18 hours time, needed it to plant this years spuds, and knew we couldnt do it by hand! My wife rides on the planter and drops the seed into the furrow behind the front shovel and the disks out back cover the row!----worked great,-----did have pics of the actual planting day, but they seem to have vanished from my pic file cd.!

The long arm disk marks the next row! 147-hydro, pulls it just fine!--Cub might be a little too fast, never tried it! thanks; sonny

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:27 pm

Nice rig Sonny!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:43 pm

the 147 should be great for that as you cam go real slow if needed. good job for a Hydro.
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:41 am

Hey Sonny...You're a GREAT "Shade Tree Fabricator" Son...REALLY NICE JOB on the 'tator planter :!: :wink:
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Jack fowler » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:19 am

Wow that’s neat! I think Amanda, (Tractorchick) was looking for one of those. Good job. :!: :!:

I made a cultivator set up for a Cadet to go through the rows of sweet corn. The corn had to be sold with no weed control spray on it so; cultivation had to be done with corn over the hood of a full size Cub. It really worked out great. Sometimes the Cadet worked out in the field all day long with about ten acres of corn to cultivate. Most of the time it could be done in third gear, throttle wide open.

Some of the farmers got a laugh out of it when they past by. This was a test run after we finished it when the corn was first coming up.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v688/Jackf/100_0962.jpg

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:58 pm

I made a 1-row rear mount cultivator for my oldest Cub about 6 years ago and cultivated sweet-corn head high!---it leaned some of the plants a little but didn't seem to hurt anything,---sure got the fox-tail out of the rows!
The potato planter is not as hard to make as it looks, other parts can be used, and building as I did does work, ---so we know it's a "tested" project that really helps when you need to plant lots of spuds!!----wife says it was kind of fun!!---didn't take long to plant ours with it!! thanks; sonny

Return to “Cub Cadet”