This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

CW36, snow blower. lift assit spring

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

CW36, snow blower. lift assit spring

Postby Eugene » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:45 pm

I'm missing the lift assist spring for above cited snow blower. Easy replacement.

The question is how strong of a spring do I need to purchase? Rephrase: About how much tension on the spring is required to help lift the blower?

Thanks

Eugene

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:59 pm

Eugene: Here is the information I poated for Kruchko on the springs(you need 2).
For #3 018 it is WM-63779 SPR-EXT .135X1-1/8 $53.36
and you need 2 of them. I think that price is high. I will measure mine and you might be able to find some a Mcmaster-Carr(let me know and I will do that. I just looked at the springs in the owners manual and the one I have on mine look a lot smaller?

I just seen something else while looking at the installation. The CC-36 pulley is 475 460 R1 and the pulley for the mower deck is 464 358 R1 so they might be 2 different sizes? I don't remember seeing a pulley with my CC-36 parts and I had assumed they used the same pulley. Maybe some one else can tell you the size of the CC-36 pulley(using the wrong pulley changes the speed and the belt size).

This post is for Kruchko also. He may also have the right spring as I think the ones I have don't look right. If you can find springs with the same wire size, the same number of turns, same overall length and the same OD the tension should be about the same.
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:27 pm

The snow blower is 336 miles north of me in Iowa. I'm researching for my son in-law. Thanksgiving time, I will work on the snowblower. My father purchased the snowblower this summer. My father and son in-law have the blower installed. My son in-law can not pick up the blower with the implement lift lever. So, I will definitely have to find and install some sort of assist springs.

My thought on the assist springs is to purchase them from the local (in town) farm and ranch store. They have an excellent assortment of agricultural springs. $106.?? for two springs and bolts from IH seems more than a bit steep.

Just wondering about how strong the springs need to be.

Thanks.

Eugene

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:01 pm

Eugene: If no one gives a measurement of the springs i will pull one of mine off and measure it. I went out and looked it again and if they aren't the correct ones I think they worked.

Do you know the diameter of the engine drive pulley that belongs on the CC-36?

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:41 pm

wdeturck wrote:Do you know the diameter of the engine drive pulley that belongs on the CC-36?
No and I have no way of measuring it. It's 336 miles away.

http://www.cngco.com/

Assuming you haven't already been there. Select parts. type in your Cub Cadet model, select attachments. There will be a list of snowblowers. Then select "front power takeoff".

The part number is provided. You can also print out the page.

Eugene

http://www.freewebs.com/kaufmancadets/index.htm

Found this site while looking for Cub Cadet attachments. The guy has an e-mail address posted on his home page. He might be a good source of information.

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:31 pm

Eugene: I meant to say the BB-36 which is used on the Original I went there and as I thought the pulley is NLA. I asked for the information on the pulley & the spring on the IH Registry so I should get an answer.

http://www.freewebs.com/kaufmancadets/index.htm is a friend of mine and hangs out on the registry.

I have been looking at the right angle gear boxes and there are 3 different ones that are used on the Cub Cadets. The C-36 uses the 1/1 ratio and is used on the 76 lawn tractor. the BB-36 uses the 3/2 ratio gear box for the Original and the CC-36 uses the 2/1 ratio box for the 70/100. the reason they use the different ratios on the Original and 70/100 is because of that crankshaft pulley being smaller on the Original. I could actually figure the approximate size of that SB pulley from this information. The rest of the SB and the tillers all use the 3/2 ratio boxes.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:29 pm

Thanks for the inforamtion on pulley sizes.

I confess. I have no personal experience with snow blowers. When I was growing up in the snowbelt we were so poor we couldn't afford snow shovels. We had to use same scoop shovels we used to scoop grain out of the wagons up into the granery.

Eugene

Return to “Cub Cadet”