This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Yea Got my Blower and installed it this weekend

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Yea Got my Blower and installed it this weekend

Postby Mag Man » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:54 am

Well The guy from TSC called at about 10:00 fri night to say they made a mistake and my blower was on the truck. Got up bright and early on Sat morn went to micky D's for breakfast while I waited for them to open. They loaded me right up and now I have a 42" two stage snow thrower and chains on the GT1500 Cant wait to play. Just have to figure out a mount for wheel weights now. ANY IDEA'S??? Would like to make a bracket for the back I have about 160# of plastic weights from a work out machine there square and lock tohether with little round circles I supose I could try and mount them with threaded rod through the wheels but I think I would rather make a bracket.
JON

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Ritter107
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ritter107 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:42 pm

Not to dampen you spirit any, but do be wary of how much weight you put on that tractors rear end. It's aluminum and can't take a whole lot of weight or stress. I've seen quite a few of those crack from too much weight on them.
In IH Cub Cadet I trust....

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:50 am

How much is too much?
I have been told that sand bags are the best and cheapest things to use.
JON

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:53 am

Jon
Keep in mind that the 1000 and 1500 series Cub Cadets are belt driven lawn tractors, and were basically designed to be used to cut grass. I would follow a full service Cub Cadet dealers reccommendation about adding weight.

Ritter107
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ritter107 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:41 am

i wouldn't do much more than the factory wheel weights (about 35-40 lbs) and normal operator weight... say 200-220. So if you are a big guy, and weight about 220, i wouldn't use any more weight than the wheel weights. Really, with a blower, you shouldn't need a whole lot of weight to get it to go. Keep your front tires inflated well too. That makes a big difference in steering.

Fordlords
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16506

Postby Fordlords » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:35 am

You don't want to torque the heck out of the 1500 series Hydro-Gear hydrostatic drive. Best bet are CC wheel weights and chains, that with operator weight and pushing the blower are going to be working that belt driven sealed hydro to its limits. Keep in mind the 1500's are still considered a lighter duty machine. It will work well and do a good job with the snow, just be cautious of its limits.

-Fordlords-
To the man, there is no such thing as, "Too much tractor!"

Honda Powered 1980 IH Cub Cadet 682

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:42 am

You all bring up good points but is it not what the waranty is for??? Fordlords what does the CC stand for? The blower weighs about 250# or may be more hanging off the front basically and I live on a darn hill. So I will need to back up from time to time and have been told to forget it with this machine type. I guess I will have to take my 14 hp vanguard out of my murry and mount it on this blower and mount it on the cub. There darnit I will get there.
JON

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:11 am

CC = Cub Cadet.

Warranties generally have abuse and misuse clauses. Frame weights in excess of that the company sells (if they sell any!) would probably qualify as abuse. I have no idea how strict the company is on such things, but they would have the right. I never think much of a philosophy of "who cares, it has a warranty".

Wheel weights put the force directly on the wheels and strain on the chassis would probably not be a consideration. Frame weights put all their weight on the chassis components.

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:32 am

Thats not what I meant JIM as who cares it has a waranty. Most of the posters above are telling me how light duty this machine is and If the hydro breaks and its less than a year old then it should be waranteed. I would not think that two sand tubes weighing 100 to 120 pounds should hurt a tractor like this but if it did indeed I would be knocking on the dealers door. I am not talking about loading this thing up with weights all over like a pulling tractor. And the weights they tryed selling me were 52 lbs a piece I believe. My neighbor has a white out doors and he has a sprayer mount that hangs on the back with a 15 gal sprayer lets see thats like 120lbs of water right there and that white is not as well built as my GT. So I dont think there should be a problem. and thats a MTD factory mount also heck the tiller that runs off the back has to weigh close to 250 or more and that would hang off the back when its raised.. I know tire weight is always better so I guess its threaded rod and these 10lb weights 5 to 6 per side should do OK I hope.
JON

Fordlords
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16506

Postby Fordlords » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:44 am

I chat a lot on another forum for new Cub Cadets (CC) and there have indeed been some issues with people asking for more out of the belt driven lawn tractor hydro drives than they are really designed for.

But, this does not mean you will have a problem, and certainly the warranty will cover issues if they occur provided you are running your snow blower and the tractor the way CC recommends you to set it up. I recommend the wheel weights as they are most effective in getting the torque to the ground without creating counterweight agaist the blower as a hitch mounted weight system might do.

It will likely work out just fine, let us know what you use for a setup and how well it performs :D

-Fordlords-
To the man, there is no such thing as, "Too much tractor!"

Honda Powered 1980 IH Cub Cadet 682

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:32 am

well I did it I broke down and went to TSC and bought the factory weights there are 50 lbs a piece. $100.00 with tax now lets see if all this crap works. I hate living on a hill :( :oops: .
JON

Ritter107
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ritter107 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:38 pm

100 bucks beats the 300-400 for the replacement rearend.

Return to “Cub Cadet”