This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Canopy?

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
moparado
10+ Years
10+ Years

Canopy?

Postby moparado » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:00 pm

Thinking on fabricating a canopy for my 1872 Cadet for shade and aslo sturdy enough for brushing aside low hanging tree branches. I've got an idea of how it might look but wondering if any of you guys have already 'been there-done that'.
Also, did IH ever offer a canopy accessory and if so is there a picture somewhere?
Thanks, Ken

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

R Bedell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48701

Postby R Bedell » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:23 pm

Mopar:

Here is a picture of the Canopy that IH offered for their Wide Frame Cubs from the late 70s:

These are quite rare to find, if at all.

Here is a picture of a Custom Made canopy from a friend of mines 782 Cub.

If you are interested, I can supply an E-mail Address for you to contact him. I have cleared this with him.

jostev
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 03574
eBay ID: farmallkid48
Skype Name: farmall_kid
Tractors Owned: 41 B
48 H
49 C
50 red demo Cub
51 C
52 Cub
54 Super C
61 and 63 Cub Cadet Originals
78 Cub Cadet 1450
73 154 lo-boy

Postby jostev » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:26 pm

R B, i saw one of those IH canopy's at an IH dealership that went out of business when Case bought them out.... i guess i should have grabbed it.... then probably sold it 8)

Johnny

ps, it was in the original box, never been out i bet

moparado
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby moparado » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:08 am

R Bedell,
thanks for posting those pictures. Your friends design is about what i had in mind. Maybe with front supports like the IH canopy for brushing aside tree limbs which i have a lot of when mowing paths in the woods.
That IH canopy musta cost a bundle knowing IH's accessory prices.

Return to “Cub Cadet”