This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

stalls when advancing throttle

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Findoggy
10+ Years
10+ Years

stalls when advancing throttle

Postby Findoggy » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:08 pm

A few weeks back I couldn't get my model 73 to start and stay running. I changed the points, condenser and coil and she started and ran great...that is, until today. My grass was pretty tall in spots (thought that shouldn't matter I wouldn't think), and as I was making a sharp turn to head back down the yard, the tractor just shut down. It starts right up no problem, but when I try to advance the throttle it will stall unless I quickly throttle it back down. Any ideas, I'm getting very frustrated and annoyed. I want to get it running well again, as snow is coming and i purchased a snowthrower to use with it this winter. :) I do have my cub and snow plow, but i really wanted to try the CC and see what it could do. Thanks for any help. Findoggy

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:35 pm

Guess. Trash or water in the carburator fuel bowl or main jet. Could be a bit of trash or water in the sediment bowl and the fuel tank.

You should be able to remove the carburator fuel bowel without removing the carburator from the engine. I would remove the fuel bowl. Clean up. Reinstall the fuel bowl then shake the tractor. Remove and drain the fuel bowl again.

Also check the fuel flow through the carburator when you clean the carburator fuel bowl.

Eugene

Return to “Cub Cadet”