This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
hooterville hillbilly
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby hooterville hillbilly » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:52 pm

Can anyone tell me about a 582 cub cadet. There is one for sale locally and I'm interested. Is it an IH or is it one of the MTD's? What horsepower would it be and would it be the Kohler? Any info would be appreciated.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

dkeller
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby dkeller » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:16 pm

it could be ih or ccc cub cadet corp, check the sn to tell make sure its a 582 not a 582 special the special had belt drive, if I believe correctly it is a 16 hp gear drive.

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:51 pm

A 582 is a 3 speed, shaft driven, gear drive, with a 16 hp B&S twin. It has the same basic transaxle as a Farmall Cub and all the other gear drive Cub Cadets except for the 482,582 Special, and 1100, and the Cadet lawn tractors.

A 582 Special has the same engine but is shaft driven back to a right angle gear box and then belt drive, with a belt tightening clutch, to a 4 sp Peerless transaxle.

Return to “Cub Cadet”