This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Sandblasting a Original

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
magicalj
10+ Years
10+ Years

Sandblasting a Original

Postby magicalj » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:51 pm

I'm about to start sandblasting my 1962 original and was wondering if there were any vent holes in the reduction gear and transmission that I need to plug up before I have it done.

Thanks for all your help and God Bless Cub Cadet.

AJ
1962 Original, 2004 LT2180

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:47 pm

There is a vent in the top of the transmissiom case that should have a porus bronze plug in it, but unless you are going to strip it (gut it) so it can be flushed out, I would not sand blast it. There are enough openings with bearings, and oil seals, plugs, etc, in it that you will end up with sand or what ever the blast medium is, inside the case.

Ritter107
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ritter107 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:05 am

Take the transmission out. If you want the paint off of it that bad you should do it by hand to be safe. If you don't you may just end up doing a lot more repair work than you bargained for.... Think about what a few grains of black beauty will do inside of that transmission.
In IH Cub Cadet I trust....

Return to “Cub Cadet”