This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

1864 Hub Caps

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
TractorLarry
10+ Years
10+ Years

1864 Hub Caps

Postby TractorLarry » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:36 pm

Ok, I know it's silly, but I think I'd like a set of the Cub Chrome Hub Caps for my 1864.

Where can you get them, and how much do they cost?

-Larry

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:17 am

I can still get plain hub caps through my dealer and they are $30 for the front and $60 for the rear last time I bought them. I have decals that I sell for $15 for four if you want to go that route. They get at least $250 a set for the embossed ones..
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

TractorLarry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby TractorLarry » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:13 pm

Yikes!

I could get custom Boyd Coddington Wheels for less :)

-Larry

wdeturck wrote:I can still get plain hub caps through my dealer and they are $30 for the front and $60 for the rear last time I bought them. I have decals that I sell for $15 for four if you want to go that route. They get at least $250 a set for the embossed ones..

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:00 pm

Larry:

Do the Boyd Coddington wheels come with the dysfunctional shop atmosphere or without :idea: :?: :shock: :oops: :cry:

... Anybody watch American Hot Rod lately :?: :?:

I knew that ByGollyWood was nuts back in the late 70's early 80's, but judging by what is going on these days at Boyds... makes on long for the good ole days... :!: :roll: :oops: :shock: :?
TractorLarry wrote:Yikes!

-Larry

wdeturck wrote:I can still get plain hub caps through my dealer and they are $30 for the front and $60 for the rear last time I bought them. I have decals that I sell for $15 for four if you want to go that route. They get at least $250 a set for the embossed ones..
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

gitractorman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14072
eBay ID: toysforjake
Tractors Owned: Lots of Cub Cadets!
1951 Farmall Cub
1977 IH Cub
1966 IH Cub
1965 IH Lo Boy
1964 IH Lo Boy
1949 Farmall Cub
Several IH 154 Lo Boys
1979 IH 184 Lo Boy
Simplicity 4416 Sovereign
Simplicity Conquest
Simplicity Legacy 4x4 Diesel
Mitsubishi MT180D 4x4 Diesel
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby gitractorman » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:57 pm

I have a set of those hub caps that I just popped off of an 1864 that I'm selling. I was going to e-bay them but Make me an offer. I'll try to grab some pics this evening. I know one has a small dent in it, but I think it can be popped out. I also have the front bumper if anyone is interested.

I just loaded some pictures. Caps cleaned up pretty good. One of the rear caps has two scratches in it. Check my website for pics.
http://mysite.verizon.net/ressz3cs/gitr ... /id12.html
Thanks,
Bill
gitractorman
Cub Cadets 682, 1811, 1864, Simplicity Legacy XL 4x4 Diesel with FEL, 60" mower, 50" Tiller

TractorLarry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby TractorLarry » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:41 pm

Bill,

Just sent you a PM.

-Larry

TractorLarry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby TractorLarry » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:17 pm

Yeah, I watch it. These guys make the guys at OCC seem like saints :)

That Duane guy? I'd have him mounted in the Drill-Press in about 15 min. That has to be one of the most arrogant SOB's I've ever witnessed.

And Boyd wonders why he can't keep good people.

Sad news about Roy.

-Larry

Rudi wrote:Larry:

Do the Boyd Coddington wheels come with the dysfunctional shop atmosphere or without :idea: :?: :shock: :oops: :cry:

... Anybody watch American Hot Rod lately :?: :?:

I knew that ByGollyWood was nuts back in the late 70's early 80's, but judging by what is going on these days at Boyds... makes on long for the good ole days... :!: :roll: :oops: :shock: :?
TractorLarry wrote:Yikes!

-Larry

Fordlords
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16506

Postby Fordlords » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:15 pm

Anyone who was a good employee of Boyd's went to work for Chip Foose :lol: Boyd seems too arrogant to realize the problems he thinks he has with his workers are more likely to be problems with the people at the top :twisted: Competent or not he looks to do nothing to make anyone but Duane feel comfortable or worthy at his shop. If I were him I would be embarassed to be showing what goes on at his shop on TV. Boyd might have been a hot shot innovator in the 70's, but I think the work Foose does blows Boyd away.

On the subject... :) It would be a dream of mine to find a set of original IH imbossed chrome hubcaps in mint condition at a price that didn't require they be mortgaged- they are quite a hot show item :wink:

-Fordlords-
To the man, there is no such thing as, "Too much tractor!"

Honda Powered 1980 IH Cub Cadet 682

TractorLarry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby TractorLarry » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:18 am

Chips show is more fun to watch. That idiot Duane isn't there pissing everyone off for one ;)

-larry

Fordlords wrote:Anyone who was a good employee of Boyd's went to work for Chip Foose :lol: Boyd seems too arrogant to realize the problems he thinks he has with his workers are more likely to be problems with the people at the top :twisted: Competent or not he looks to do nothing to make anyone but Duane feel comfortable or worthy at his shop. If I were him I would be embarassed to be showing what goes on at his shop on TV. Boyd might have been a hot shot innovator in the 70's, but I think the work Foose does blows Boyd away.

On the subject... :) It would be a dream of mine to find a set of original IH imbossed chrome hubcaps in mint condition at a price that didn't require they be mortgaged- they are quite a hot show item :wink:

-Fordlords-

Return to “Cub Cadet”