This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

782D Update

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Fordlords
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16506

782D Update

Postby Fordlords » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:14 pm

I will post pictures of the 782D project when I start in December. I work as an OTR truck driver and can't play until work slows down :)

The 782D right now looks like any other well used 782D, it was used to mow a schoolyard, about 10 acres. It was maintained, but not babied.

The good news thus far is I did get it running well with a new fuel filter and tightening the injector lines. I think I said before it's hard to find one of these old Kubota diesels that doesn't run well. The bad news is it leaks a lot of oil. I put tracer dye in the oil and it's coming from just about every seal and gasket, making a teardown worth while to get it all resealed. I was pleasantly surprised to find the Kubota is a wet sleeved engine, having replaceable cylinder liners which will make the rebuild much simpler than having to rebore the block. I am now ordering the parts I know I will need, until I get the head removed to evaluate I won't know for sure the cost of all the needed parts. Taking a guess it will be around $500-600 to get this engine back to snuff, that with a shop refurbishing the head if needed.

-Fordlords-
To the man, there is no such thing as, "Too much tractor!"

Honda Powered 1980 IH Cub Cadet 682

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Cub Cadet”