This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

90 degree gear box

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Findoggy
10+ Years
10+ Years

90 degree gear box

Postby Findoggy » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:42 pm

My question is this...I have a snowthrower and was wondering if the gear box in it is the same that would be used on a CC rototiller. If so, I ought to be able to pick up a rototiller pretty cheap and just swap out the gear box on the implement I want to use...which ought to be only once a year. Does this sound right, or are there different gear boxes and/or gear ratios? Thanks, Findoggy.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

R Bedell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48701

Postby R Bedell » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:41 am

That is a Good question and I have often wondered the same.

I done a little research in the IH CPE-2 Manual. First thing I noticed, that some of the Gear Boxes had three mounting tabs and the later ones had four.

Internally, the individual parts (ie: Input Shaft, Output Shaft, Bevel Gears)
all have different part numbers between tiller and snowthrower.

I have both Gear Boxes but have never taken the time to actually study the differences (if any).

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:47 am

The rototiller gear ratios are 3/2(30 teeth input and 20 teeth output) and the snow blower is a 1/2 ratio(I checked the ratio on mine) and I also have a 90 degree box off a garden tractor(76 & 80) snow blower that has 1/1 gears in it.
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

Ritter107
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ritter107 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:55 pm

Same here... i've seen them all three ways. Whether or not it's OEM, i don't know, but i know i got a 2:1 and a 3:2 on two of mine
In IH Cub Cadet I trust....

Return to “Cub Cadet”