This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Info please on 128

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
brichter
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32449
eBay ID: Kinardhippy
Skype Name: Billy.Ray.Richter
Circle of Safety: Y

Info please on 128

Postby brichter » Tue May 23, 2006 7:58 pm

Got a chance to buy a 128 Cub Cadet. What general info could someone give me about this model? I know nothing about Cadets but I want one. Is this a hydrostatic model? What horsepower is it. I haven't seen this one but the guy says it is running, has good metal but one flat tire. Does 125 dollars sound good for this?
If you're gonna dream or steal, do it BIG

The best things in life aren't things.
1951 Cub
1963 Corvair
lots more junk

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Leadfoot
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Leadfoot » Tue May 23, 2006 9:11 pm

brichter: The 128 is a true garden tractor! Cast iron engine, cast iron front axle, and a cast iron transaxle.

From the factory it came with a 12hp K series Kohler single cylinder engine, and is a gear drive tractor. The 128's hydrostatic counterpart was the model 129.

If the tractor is in decent shape, and the engine runs with no 'issues' then $125 would be very reasonable. :wink:

The 128 is highly sought after by the Garden Tractor pullers!!

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Tue May 23, 2006 9:21 pm

$125 for any running Cub Cadet is a steal. A 128 is a shaft driven, gear drive (3 speed transmission same as a Farmall Cub), has a 12 hp K301 Kohler engine. Tthe first 1 or 2 numbers indicate the hp, the last number the type transmission - even number is gear drive transmission, odd number is hydrostatic transmission. It has a manual lift for the mower deck. A 128 is what is called a wide frame, rather than a narrow frame. On a narrow frame, the frame rails are about 11" apart , front to rear. On a wide frame, the rear section of the frame is about the same 11" apart, but the front frame rails flare out just in front of the dash to about 13" or so apart. This was done so the 14 and 16 hp engines, which have larger flywheels and blower housing, could be used in the frame without notching the frame like was done on the 147. Model's 149 and 169, which are 14 and 16 hp, use the same wide frame as the 128/129/108/109.

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Tue May 23, 2006 10:12 pm

I have a 128 for my grass cutting duties that was a freebie and it runs & cuts great. It set about 5 years in a barn and I had it running in about an hour. The tires would leak the air out slowly and I just but a half of can of the cheap tire sealer(I never has any luck with the expensive green slime) and I'm holding air on all four. For some reason the front tires seem to loose their air when they sit and will break the bead if you try to roll them. I use a tie down strap around the tire to get it reseated. Use grease or tire rim sealer if the bead is broken. That's way to much for that Cub but I will haul it away if you tell me where it is :D
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

Return to “Cub Cadet”