This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

IH Cub Cadet Resources

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

IH Cub Cadet Resources

Postby Rudi » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:48 pm

Guys:

What totally blows me away, and I guess what has become one of the unexpected legacy's of IH's foray into the Small Tractor business, is how Cub and Cub Lo-Boy Owners along with their cousins the Cub Cadet Owners have this penchant for Community and for sharing of their knowledge, abilities and their passion for these wonderful tractors. This sense of Community seems to be a common thread for those who admire IH's products.

We all know about the Cub Manual Server and depend on it for many of our needs fixing our Cubs. We all know that many, many members of our community have donated their manuals, brochures and other items of interest to the server, so that all of us may share them and gain knowledge and expertise from them. It is a wonderful feeling to know that there are so many generous and giving people out there. Same with the Tips and Techniques etc., and the Forums here at Farmall Cub.com. The sense of Community is strong.

I have been asked hundreds of times is there is a comparable resource on the Internet for other IH Letter Series Tractors and such. Unfortunately, at this point in time there is not. And it is regrettable. Hopefully someday, there will be the same kind of resource available.

However, when it comes to IH's Cub Cadets, we sometimes forget that there is a great resource availale on the "net" for those who are also in love with and collect/use IH's "Lawn and Garden" line of small tractors the ingenious Cub Cadet.

This resource shares much of the same type of community and commaraderie as we do, and the site is awesome in it's content of useful information and helpful, knowledgeable people.

The IH Cub Cadet Registry is your Almost One Stop Shop for almost anything Cub Cadet... it sure is amazing.

There are many other sites on the net that offer information on Cub Cadets. And another great site is the IH Cub Cadet website. Great forums and such... pretty useful information.

If you need access to an Owner's Manual, Brochures, are just interested in seeing pics of the different variants of Cub Cadets or want to find a show or a club.. the information you may need, is available right there.

Let me add the same statement that is on the Cub Manual Server in regards to the Manuals and other Data that is available on the IH Cub Cadet Registry Server as well.

The manuals on this site are posted here for the enjoyment of the Cub family. You should visit Binder Books and purchase the specific Manuals that you need for your Cub Cadet. I would also recommend that each Cub Cadet Owner should have as a minimum, The Owner's Manual, a Parts Manual and the Service Manual relevant to their Cub Cadet. These can be purchased from Binder Books. The manuals on the site are not meant to replace purchasing repro manuals from Binder Books, but are meant more as a research resource for those who wish to learn more about their Cub Cadet and it's capabilities, availability of implements as well as how to fix them. It is also intended as an avenue to determine which manuals you need, negating having to buy a bunch of manuals that you do not want or need.

Let me add this as well. There are other resources available on the web and each has their uses and their strengths. What is posted here is not the be all or end all for resources, but is a reminder of what is out there.

As I either remember or get more info, I shall add it to this infomercial... :roll: :lol:
Last edited by Rudi on Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Leadfoot
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Leadfoot » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:11 pm

You can also go to ANY Cub Cadet dealer, and order manuals and parts! 8)

The manuals for my 1712, were purchased from my 'local' CC dealer, and the manuals for my Originals, 122, and Quietlines, along with my Implement parts manual, came from Binder...all of them are top notch! :D

Also Myron Bounds owns and operates the Cub Cadet Supply Room: http://www.ccsupplyroom.com/room.htm

Myron's knowledge of Cub Cadets is a great resource in itself! Not to mention the parts he sells 8)
Last edited by Leadfoot on Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.

R Bedell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48701

Postby R Bedell » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:02 am

Rudi:

Make sure that you get your Check from the Registry people. :lol:

I have been into Cubs for quite some time now. I have been all over the Cub Cadet internet sites and belong to several Cub forums also. The Registry is a source of information, "BUT" there are other sites that have material that the Registry does NOT have. So, for you to say, that it is a "one stop source" is not accurate. The Registry, like all sites, has their Pros and Cons, and I guess people will have to figure out for themselves what they like and dislike about a particular site. 8)

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:36 pm

Any more info about sites available on the internet are always welcome :!: :idea: :!: :D

For some reason I forgot about the IH Cub Cadet site.. I tried to put a link to it, but I couldn't hot link it.. they got one of those {please don't copy pics} barriers on the site, so you can't even get the properties.. however, you can save the pics.. now isn't that interesting.. :?: :roll: :shock: :D

What I was refering to was the amazing amount of manuals that are available there... it is kinda neat.. and of course, not being all that familiar with the Cub Cadets... I am not the greatest judge... but it seems pretty good. The "But" sites are getting my interest picqued, so if you have links, I would like to have em if possible and then I will update the Sticky.. :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

glaramore
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby glaramore » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:06 am

Well my .02 of experience has been that the IH Registry is about as close to a one stop shop for Cub stuff as you'll find plus you'll never have someone to belittle you or look down their nose at you because of your lack of knowledge like you do on some other "unoffical" sites. When I need a answer to a question I need the answer not attitude. There are some other great Cub sites out there and one that isn't, so you decide.
yellow and white makes it right

Leadfoot
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Leadfoot » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:41 pm

glaramore wrote:Well my .02 of experience has been that the IH Registry is about as close to a one stop shop for Cub stuff as you'll find plus you'll never have someone to belittle you or look down their nose at you because of your lack of knowledge like you do on some other "unoffical" sites. When I need a answer to a question I need the answer not attitude. There are some other great Cub sites out there and one that isn't, so you decide.

Ahhh, the Registry. Seems like a guy can't go anywhere without somebody bringing up that site. :roll:

True, there is a lot of 'free' information there, but that site is also the home of frequent Quietline bashing (sound familiar glaramore??), and a bunch of other stuff I don't like, and don't agree with!

I go to a tractor site to look at tractor related posts and pictures... not posts or pictures of what people are doing, or eating, at their hilltop 'club house'.
Last edited by Leadfoot on Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

glaramore
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby glaramore » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:16 pm

I'm sorry if I have offended you with my lite hearted jokes about QL's. I have taken a lot of good natured ribbing over some of my misfortunes of being a QL owner and I think the majority of folks know I'm kidding.
I also apologize for offending you by mentioning another site, but I feel that this is not the place to settle any differences that may exist between us. I do however doubt that any discussion would be a waste of time for the both of us because you are obviously set in your beliefs (and I applaud you for that) and there is nothing you could ever say that would change my point of view so I feel it best that we let the subject die right here.
I see that your in Ohio so I would like to personally invite you to AW Gonya's Plow day this Friday and Saturday near Findlay, Ohio. Bring your Cub and come on up and plow. Again I apologize for any remarks that may have upset you.

Leadfoot
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Leadfoot » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:20 pm

Do you have any links to other Cub Cadet parts, or information sites glaramore? (besides the sites already mentioned)

glaramore
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby glaramore » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:30 pm

ccsupplyroom.com
cngco.com
ebay.com
and decals from Scott Urschel out of Huntington,In (more accurate decal color)
There are many other very good sites but these are the first that come to mind and have some knowledge of. Hope this helps.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:07 am

http://members.aol.com/pullingtractor/tips.htm

Lots of good technical information.

Eugene

Return to “Cub Cadet”