This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

rototiller

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Findoggy
10+ Years
10+ Years

rototiller

Postby Findoggy » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:32 am

Will the following work with a Model 73 CC?
Model #1 serial # 3775
Also, does it mount via the 3pt hitch? Thanks for any and all help.
Findoggy

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:15 am

Findoggy: You should have a creeper gear in the 73 to use the tiller and they need the 3 point hitch and also have a spring assist as they are heavy for the Armstrong Lift. It will also help if you can plow before you till if it is sod your woring with. That tiller should have a right angle drive that bolts to the rear of the tractor and a loooong belt to turn it from the front PTO. The #1 tiller may have 2 extensions but with only 7 HP you may want to use it without the extensions.
[/img]
Last edited by wdeturck on Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:40 am

Hook-up Schematic 1

The link above shows the shields but it shows how it attached to the top part of the three point hitch. The bottom part of the hitch is on the right angle drive which is the next page

Hook-up Schematic 2

You have to copy those & paste them.

William: They work now.... too many spaces and carriage returns... :wink:
Last edited by wdeturck on Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

R Bedell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48701

Postby R Bedell » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:08 am

Findoggy:

Simply put...........YES.

You remove the lower bracket and install the Tiller Bracket as below.

Image[/img]

The Tiller then mounts to this bracket.

Leadfoot
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Leadfoot » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:11 pm

To add to R Bedell's post.........

Here is a Model 2 tiller attached to a model 1450 tractor.

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:51 am

You can see the difference between the #1 & #1A(right angle drive is different) compared to a #2. You can still take the outside tines off if you are in hard soil. a lot of the #1 only had one extension when they were bought so a lot of the #1's aren't complete. I ended up finding 2 of the #1 for $30 and only one had both extensions. Both right angle drives were missing.

dhermesc
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby dhermesc » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:13 pm

"wdeturck" I ended up finding 2 of the #1 for $30 and only one had both extensions. Both right angle drives were missing.

Expensive buggers aren't they?

Cub Cadet Lawn Garden Tractor Tiller Gear Box
Freedom is for those that claim it.

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:59 pm

I sold the one rototiller for $50 with one extension and I found a right angle drive for $75 and I got a looong belt that fits mine for $5(I use the cheap belt that fits the quietlines on my Original) that use to cost $26.

Leadfoot
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Leadfoot » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:15 pm

dhermesc wrote:
"wdeturck" I ended up finding 2 of the #1 for $30 and only one had both extensions. Both right angle drives were missing.

Expensive buggers aren't they?

Cub Cadet Lawn Garden Tractor Tiller Gear Box

Yep, they sure don't give them away!

I have a #1 tiller in great shape, with both extensions...bought it at an auction last summer for $10...but the 90* gearbox was long gone.....

I've had the #2 for 4-5 years now, love it!

Ritter107
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ritter107 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:12 am

I love how people sell the tillers and always forget to take the gearbox off the tractor that goes with it....
In IH Cub Cadet I trust....

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:53 am

Thanks for whoever fixed my post. I knew there was a way to do that. I looked at it under edit.

I ended up finding a gear box for $75 and I sold the other tiller for $50 bucks and it cost the guy $45 shipping to get it to CA. When the guy forgets to give you the drive off the tractor he takes it off and sets the drive in the corner as they aren't on the back of very many tractors.

Leadfoot
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Leadfoot » Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:08 am

Actually, the gearbox WAS left on the back of the PO's 127, when it was traded in for a 1282.

The original owner passed away, and one of his sons took possesion of the 127, tiller, mower deck, 42" blade, Brinly tool bar, and Brinly cultivator. After using it for several years, he let his younger brother use the tractor and implements...as he had bought a 'big box' mower...The younger brother used the tractor for a few years to mow....and didn't use the other implements so he stored them in his moms garage....then decided he wanted something 'newer', so he gave the 127 back to the older brother, who then decided to trade the 127 with the mower deck in on the 1282 with a 44C deck. When he did, he forgot his brother had stored the tiller, blade, tool bar, and cultivator in his moms garage. It wasn't until they were going through his moms possesions for the Estate auction after she had passed away, that they found all of the implements. I bought the tiller, blade, cutltivator, and tool bar for $40.00 total...evidently, nobody else knew what they were looking at. :D :D

Return to “Cub Cadet”