This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Lucky find

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Ritter107
10+ Years
10+ Years

Lucky find

Postby Ritter107 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:51 pm

I had bought one of those Hydraulic pumps that you could add on to a NF Cub Cadet many years ago, and never used it for anything. Then, about a year ago i got a tractor that i could have used one for, but alas... i'd gotten rid of it.

So today i was walking around this old lawnmower graveyard and had taken a rocker arm off a 126 to rebuild into the part i needed. As i talked to the old man that runs the place, he asked why i didn't jsut buy the parts i needed off the 100 he had out from. Now... being that this tractor had "Sold" written on the front tire, i thought it was off limits. However... it wasn't and i got the rocker arm, hydraulic pump, cylinder, and mounts for 45 dollars. Now they are awfully rough looking and will need a ton of work, but for 45 bucks i think i can deal with it. Talk about a good day. 8)
In IH Cub Cadet I trust....

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:05 pm

Good For You!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Fordlords
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16506

Postby Fordlords » Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:44 pm

Some lawn equipment dealers still keep scrap machines and parts behind their buildings, and many times will just give you stuff free for the asking to reduce the pile. I picked up two aluminum-decked Lawn-Boy commercial push mowers with the good OMC two-stroke engines from behind a place years ago, the only problem with them was the jugs needed de-carboning and the lower crank seals replaced, their prior owner not wanting to pay for that service. I don't mind accounting for needle bearings, and repaired them (all of $5 in parts) and they worked like new and I sold them both for $250. Sometimes people scrap stuff that simply isn't scrap to those of us who know what to look for and don't mind a bit of elbow grease :D
-Fordlords-
To the man, there is no such thing as, "Too much tractor!"

Honda Powered 1980 IH Cub Cadet 682

Ritter107
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ritter107 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:26 pm

Does anybody have any instructions for one of these? Manuals, parts diagram, etc? I ask this just in case i need to do any work on it. I already know i need to take it to a machine shop and have a broken mounting bolt removed. :(

R Bedell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48701

Postby R Bedell » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:21 am

Ritter:

That Auxillary Hydraulic Unit was an option for NF Cubs, both Gear & Hydro drive tractors. The Parts List for these can be found in the TC-113 Parts Manual. I could send you the Parts List for this Unit but I see no E-mail address.

There is also a Installation Manual for these units.

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:50 am

You better take a look inside and make sure the oil pump gears aren't broken. They had a problem with the centering springs breaking and the piece going in to the gears. You can down load the installation Manual from the IH Registry manuals section and they have a parts breakdown in the manual. If the gears are broke I can tell you how to make new ones. Good luck.
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

Ritter107
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ritter107 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:13 pm

rgr, i'll attempt to take it apart, see what i can loose, and then if luck is with me, i'll happily tell you that all is ok.

As for the centering spring... if it's the one that operates the valve it appears to be ok, as in it centers the valve and you can feel it "click" in to neutral position. In addition, when I spin the pulley by hand, nothing seems to be binding up or catching. So... hopefully it is ok inside. My biggest known issue right now is that the previous over managed to twist off a mounting bolt on the lower side of the pump body. I need to find a machine shop to remove it for me. Due to it's location and how the bolt broke off, i'd rather jsut leave somebody else do it.

I'll PM you my e-mail R Bedell. Cheers. 8)

R Bedell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48701

Postby R Bedell » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:51 pm

Ritter:

You got mail.... :D

Ritter107
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ritter107 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:08 pm

Thank you, it's very, very useful! 8)

Ritter107
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ritter107 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:26 pm

Now I have to try to fix my cylinder... the rod was rusted up pretty bad. I may jsut have to make a new one. :(

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:44 pm

Hi Jon : I just sent you an E-mail from your messages. Sorry I didn't see it sooner
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

Ritter107
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ritter107 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:08 am

By God... the bloody thing works, and it's not even leaking any oil! Just a tiny bit from the end of the cylinder when i first operated it, and no more after that. 8)

Return to “Cub Cadet”