This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

creeper gear installation

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Findoggy
10+ Years
10+ Years

creeper gear installation

Postby Findoggy » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:54 pm

I will be removing a creeper gear from a tractor I recently purchased and be re-installing it on my current Model 73. Anyone have any tips on how best to do this? My dad used to work for an old IH dealer in parts, but he said it's been at least 30 years since he installed a creeper gear.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:50 pm

On a narrow frame like the 73, it is about as easy to split the tractor by pulling the transaxle out. Then you can mount the creeper, and get the drive shaft out to shorten it. If you elect to leave the transaxle installed, you will have to pull the engine out to get the driveshaft out. The drive shaft has to come out to get the creeper up into position to mount it, if the transaxle is in the tractor, plus it has to be shortened or replaced with one that is. If you have to shorten the driveshaft, it is already scored where it needs to be cul, and the hole for the spirol pin is already drilled (provided it is not a replacement or aftermarket shaft).

Return to “Cub Cadet”