This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hydraulic fittings

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Ritter107
10+ Years
10+ Years

Hydraulic fittings

Postby Ritter107 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:31 am

I'm messing with hydraulics on a 107 by putting parts off a 129 in it. Now my question is would it be ok to replace the steel lines from the pump with flexible hydraulic hose, and what is the pressure of the system in the 129 pump/hydraulics that i am using?

My other question is how do the different styles of fittings work? The NPT vs JIC styles. Other than the obvious physical shape of the fittings. I know both exist on the hydraulics lines i took off the 129. I don't think the original steel lines will fit under the 107's tunnel cover so i'm just going to put a 90 degree elbow off the pump... down the side of the hydro, then under the frame and up the the front into the spool. However... i still wanna know the different types of fittings before i get the hoses made. I know the basics... but i'll appriciate any additional info you gentlemen may have. :D Cheers 8)
In IH Cub Cadet I trust....

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:51 am

Lift pressure is 500-625 psi. Steel line would probably be better, as cheap as IH was, they used them for a reason. You can get tighter bends with steel for a less bulky installation, less chance of rupture from abrasion or snagging on something, etc. In my limited hydraulic ecperience, all hyd lines/fittings I have seen are of the 37 degree AN type. You will probably find a NPT to AN fitting/adaptor at the ends of the lines that connect to the case/block/valve body. I would assume it was easier/less expensive to tap those cast items to NPT and use an adaptor fitting for a leak free connection, than to machine it for a 37 degree leak free connection.

Return to “Cub Cadet”