This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

CCO clutch spring

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
KLDoutt
Zip Code: 23235

CCO clutch spring

Postby KLDoutt » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:37 pm

I have a 1962 cub cadet original. I have searched this site to find out what tool(s) to use to take pressure off the clutch spring to remove the roll pin with no luck. Maybe I’m using the wrong words for the search. Does anyone have information to make such a tool that I could make? I need to check the clutch material for wear. I’ve been working on the tractor off/on for several years and I would like to get it running to cut my grass. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: CCO clutch spring

Postby Eugene » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:39 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmuZ-WX0xWE

Above link, homemade jig.

Thinking back, several years ago. Maybe wrong on the exact parts. I used a bearing seperator, slotted portion of a pulley puller, and two long bolts.

Easy, simple process once I figured out how to compress the spring.
I have an excuse. CRS.

KLDoutt

Postby KLDoutt » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:14 pm

Thanks Eugene for video. Do you know where I can get the dimensions for that tool?

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:06 pm

No idea of the tool dimensions.

Internet search for "Cub Cadet clutch spring compressor". You will find several different homemade tools/suggestions.
I have an excuse. CRS.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:35 pm

I do it right on the tractor, I compress the clutch pedal lock it down, remove the pins in the clutch plates. Move the engine forward just enough to remove one clutch plate Clearance). Change the clutch discs, release bearing ect and reassemble.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

KLDoutt

Postby KLDoutt » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:32 am

Thanks for the reply Big Bill. I have the clutch off the tractor right now, so I guess I could put it back on and try that method. That may be a better way to fix it. That would say some time also.

Return to “Cub Cadet”