Where would you use this tool?

Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:34 pm

A guy had about 5 of them for sale at the Tractor Swap Meet. I went back about an hour later and caved in. I had to have it. Another one of those top shelf dust collectors I guess.

Re: Where would you use this tool?

Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:16 pm

Corner brace drill, used for working in close quarters. A lot of them for sale on ebay.

Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:36 pm

Used one a lot in Building Trades class in high school. Our instructor was a old time carpenter and we had to learn his way first, Then we advanced to power tools. Drilling holes for the wiring in a house without power tools u get a real workout on a corner brace n bit. Also had to learn framing square, no speed squares in his class we each had a carpenters chest full of hand tools to care for and sharpen.

Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:39 pm

Rabbit Holler Flash wrote:Used one a lot in Building Trades class in high school. Our instructor.....
U. P. Woods?

Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:10 pm

Nope E.C.Shelton Bonne Terre Vo Tech instructor,. I did have Mr Woods several times as a sub in woodworking class at P.H.S. Soon as he found out who my dad was I had it " made in the shade" in his class. :lol:

Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:06 pm

I would love to have one of those to add to my Brace and Bit collection (which I still use btw :-) ) along with my egg beater hand drill and my Yankee's ... I love my hand tools :big smile: I must hit some flea markets/yard sales this summer :idea:

You should be able to find a few projects to use that one. :wink:

Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:32 pm

Ohhhhhh Rudi, now you've done it. We all expect pics of your Brace and Bit collection now. Come on....